Absorption Systems, a preclinical Contract Research Organization is seeking a Senior Research Associate with aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, and assay development and validation experience to join the bioassay team at our Boston facility. The Senior Research Associate will work as part of a team in a lab environment to complete client-driven projects. This position is highly collaborative as there will be regular communication with other scientists, the study director, other project staff, and external clients.Primary responsibilities include:
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Leading the technical aspects of the development and validation of new assays.
- Provide technical assistance to assigned research staff and training to other research associates.
- Perform sample analyses while following established SOP's under RUO/GLP/cGMP conditions
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs), validation protocols, and reports as well as assay batch records and sample inventory.
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks while working as part of a team to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field with 3-5+ years of industry experience
- Strong experience with cell-based assays such as Potency and Nab testing required
- Experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture, assay development, and validation is required
- Experience with FLOW Cytometry, ELISA, ELISpot, and western blots is highly desired
- Knowledge of GLP and cGMP regulations are desired
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (formulas, graphs, and charts), and PowerPoint
- Leadership ability
- Attention to accuracy and great time management skills
**Relocation may be available.
This Senior Research Associate - Cell-Based Assays position earns a competitive salary
, depending on experience. We also offer a full suite of benefits
to choose from, including medical, dental, vision, a health reimbursement account funded by the employer, a healthcare & dependent flexible spending account (FSA), a 401(k) plan, 100%-employer-paid voluntary life/AD&D insurance, and profit-sharing
. If this sounds like the right opportunity in pharmaceutical research and cell & gene therapy for you, apply today!Benefits
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a comprehensive benefits package that meets their personal needs.About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.