A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.Your Role:
We are seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist to join the Analytical Technology group for the analysis of organosilicon, organometallic and other deposition products used in the semiconductor fabrication industry, in Carlsbad, CA. This is a hands-on role with 80% of time spent in the laboratory
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Develop and validate analytical methods for new products and transfer operating procedures to production QC laboratories
- Support New Product Development
- Work closely with R&D, production, quality, and commercial teams to ensure rapid delivery of new products to customers
- Complete Routine and non-routine sample analysis.
- Assist in data gathering and data analysis for Process Change Notifications
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting support for product quality issues
- Work with ICPMS, microwave digestion, conventional digestion, FTIR, Raman, NMR, GC, GCMS, IC, TGA
- Bachelor's Degree in a Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics or other Science field
- 3+ years of science or tech related industrial experience
- 1+ experience with method development
- Hands-on experience with ICP-MS
- Hands-on experience with NMR
- Spectroscopy background preferred
- Statistical Analysis
- Experience handling reactive chemicals
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- A strong technical understanding of fundamental analytical chemistry
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in the use of statistics (Measurement System Analysis, etc.)
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Our Benefits -
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.