The employee provides leadership and direction to continuously improve the effectiveness of the Waste Water Treatment Plants and related operation throughout the different USA's operations, while supporting the development of control systems and processes required in maintaining a safe operation with environmental integrity.
The position will be based in Nampa ID, Buffalo NY or Londonderry NH.
Travel will be 50-80% of the time to plants based in NY, WI, CA, ID, NH, VT & AZ.
1. Provide expertise to the different waste treatment operation to achieve regulatory and operational results.
2. Develop and lead the environmental Long Term Plan for Lactalis American Group, setting priorities of investment.
3. Propose chemical dosing formulas to maintain the biochemical efficiency of the Waste Water Treatment Plant and optimize costs.
4. Conduct yearly audit of waste water operation in order to develop and support the effectiveness of the operations including Standard Operating Procedure, Quality testing methodology, KPI's. Assess the operations and provide recommendations for their optimization to ensure final effluent compliance within discharge standards.
5. Conduct and maintain the Environmental Risk Assessment of all LAG plants.
6. Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for improvement in safety, quality, reliability, cost, and customer service. Reduce equipment failures and preserve asset value. Identify and/or provide input on appropriate technology, equipment and methodology used in the facility, or having an opportunity to improve operating results or costs.
7. Provide training as necessary within the organization.
8. Interact with the global Energy and Environment group to assess best practices, and implement them in LAG.
9. Help plant management for staff hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction. Promote a team focus on excellence in all activities including those required to support safety, operational productivity, quality, loss reduction, people development, and cost improvement.
11. Ensure safety of all employees, visitors and contractors within the areas of responsibilities by providing appropriate safety training and awareness.
12. Ensure that all legislative requirements and environmental standards are met and results reported to appropriate parties (internal & external).Education
- Ideally candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with a focus on chemical engineering, water chemistry or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience as an environmental manager or similar
- Waste water treatment plant operation
- Waste handling and recycling
- Dealing with environmental regulatory agencies.
- Computer Skills: including but not limited to Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.