We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.DescriptionDescription -At BASF,
we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!Technologist Engineer Sr. (2200052) - Freeport, TXWhere the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a talented professional like you to join the Utilities Technology Team. In this role, you will contribute to the long-term economic success of the plants via automation, process optimization, process safety, capital projects, and troubleshooting. You will also have the opportunity to work with a broad range of people, including members of the operations team, laboratory services, EHS, process controls group, and engineering to accomplish business goals.Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalentQualifications -Formula for Success:
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
- Leveraging your education in Chemical Engineering or related field and your professional background in Chemical Plants, you will serve as the focal point for the future development of the utilities process, by learning the manufacturing process and its chemistry.
- Applying your strong understanding of Process Engineering concepts and their applications, and practical experience in plant troubleshooting, you will work with the global technology group on plant tests, initiating plant modifications, development of the safety concept, troubleshooting plant problems.
- Your robust experience in process control, field equipment and DCS/PLC Control Systems will be an asset, as you are responsible for working with process control personnel to develop and implement an automation strategy, including improvements to alarm management, basic process control via the DCS, as well as optimization of the HMI.
- Utilizing your knowledge of OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other applicable code and regulations and standards, you will take ownership of the safety process for the utilities technology, as well as be responsible for maintaining the plant safety concept, facilitating PHAs, managing Process Safety Information (PSI), completing MOCs for proposed changes, and supporting Capital project safety reviews.
- Your demonstrated leadership experience within a matrix organization and excellent communication skills will be essential, as you help drive continuous improvement in the plant, by identifying and tracking key operating parameters, facilitating data collection and evaluation of benchmarks, generating new optimization ideas, as well as validating and tracking ideas that are implemented.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs, and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job