Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
GDIT's Military Health Team is seeking a EPIDEMIOLOGIST
in support of the NMCPHC, Navy and Marine Corps' Center for Public Health services. The NMCPHC provides leadership and expertise to ensure mission readiness through disease prevention and health promotion in support of the National Military Strategy.IN THIS ROLE, A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- This role initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies. Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the application of complex and advanced scientific theories, concepts, principles, and processes.
- Recognized within the company and the technical community as an authority in one or more scientific disciplines.
- Typically assists or publishes professional and scientific papers and patents.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Works directly with senior personnel, program managers, and external organizations in the planning, oversight, execution, and evaluation of multiple complex technical and scientific solutions.
- Maintains a liaison role with staff and customers, and acts independently on issues within his/her field of expertise.
- Master's degree and 5+ years experience initiating and executing scientific research and/or development studies required
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in the use of statistical programs such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS) and Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) to evaluate epidemiological questions.
- Advanced knowledge of surveillance monitoring systems.
- Advanced knowledge of how to conduct comprehensive investigations to identify and characterize risk factors.
- Advanced knowledge of how to develop strategies to reduce injury and disease incidence or mitigate health risk, and to evaluate and recommend methods of control including preventive measures.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain Interim Secret clearance is required. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- PhD preferred
- Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
#GDITPRIORITY#MILITARYHEALTH#MILITARYHEALTHGDITJOBS#PortsmouthMilitaryHealthOpportunities#GDITFedHealthJobsScheduled Weekly Hours:
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Full-flex work week
Telecommuting Not AllowedWork Location:
USA VA PortsmouthAdditional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.