We are looking for an Adapted Physical Education Teacher in La Canada, and East Los Angeles. To perform school services. This position is Full-time at 40 hours per week.
Our PE Teachers
provide small group and one-on-one instruction to students using adapted physical education techniques to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual-motor skills, or sports and game achievement. At TES, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve goals that allow all our clients to learn and thrive.You will need the following minimum qualifications to be considered:
Preferred qualifications include:
- a valid California credential in Physical Education with authorization in Adapted Education or be enrolled in a program and have passed the CBEST with eligibility for a waiver from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- proficiency in the use of modern technology and office equipment
- hold appropriate automobile insurance with limits that allow driving a personal vehicle for work
- must clear a current background check through the FBI and DOJ
- a current TB Test (within the last 6 months)
- Proof of vaccination
As an Adapted PE Teacher at TES, you will:
- previous experience working with individuals with special needs
- 2 years' experience as an APE Instructor
- bilingual in English & Spanish
ABOUT TESTotal Education Solutions (TES)
- maintain student records and communicate on-going student progress to parents/guardians, general education teachers, school administration, district personnel, and other service professionals via progress reporting and Individual Education Plans.
- be responsible for maintaining on-going compliance in accordance with IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
- create and instruct students using adapted physical education techniques to improve overall physical fitness, gross motor skills, and sports and games achievement.
- prepare lessons in accordance with IEPs.
- adapt instruction to meet the individual needs of all students, including age and skill level appropriateness.
- provide positive feedback and help build an appreciation for physical education.
- establish and keep a safe, orderly, and effective environment.
- manage PE inventory and request/order equipment as needed.
- attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
is a national provider of special education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter schools as well as healthcare organizations servicing the United States, with offices in California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and online. We strongly believe in using an interdisciplinary approach in trainings, treatments, and service delivery, encouraging our providers to work together in creating customized solutions and achieving client goals.Our Mission:
To empower individuals of all abilities by fostering opportunities for success through customized, innovative solutions.As part of our team, full-time employees enjoy:
We are looking for individuals that can:
- health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a $25,000 life and AD&D insurance policies (if eligible).
- up to 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 13 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days.
- retirement plan and medical and dependent flexible spending accounts.
- up to $2,500 in educational assistance.
- access to free employee assistant programs (EAP) 24/7.
- working with a team of dedicated professionals with a desire to make an impact in the lives of at-risk individuals.
- ongoing professional development and professional growth opportunities both in-house and up to $300 in CEU reimbursements.
Environment & Physical Qualifications:
- be proactive and have a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- be an appropriate role model.
- thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- be flexible and embrace change.
- demonstrate emotional maturity and responsibility.
- innovate and act as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- accept and value diversity.
- maintain a professional demeanor, attire, work schedule, and work ethic.
- ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow through on all duties and tasks as assigned.
- further develop professional and technical skills.
Assigned work environments vary from site to site and may require services to be provided in a distance learning / therapy model. The work environment is usually comprised of several adults and children in a classroom, clinic, or campus facility with supervisors traveling to multiple sites/clinics. Due to varied work environments, an employee may encounter noise levels that are moderate to loud. In addition, the job functions could include the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.http://www.tesidea.com | Facebook.com/TESLosAngeles | Instagram.com/TES4KIDS | Twitter.com/TES4KIDSTotal Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.