MAPEI is looking a Chemist I to join our R&D Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in the building materials industry and launch your scientific career. In this role you will work in a beginning leadership role at developing new products, improving existing products, supporting customer technical service and production operations. MAPEI Corporate Video
- Apply lab procedures and good practices while being able to detect potential problems.
- Plan, execute and report test data on assigned tasks to supervisor.
- Record, compile, and present activities and results in the required format.
- Apply assigned test methods in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Conduct complex, multi-step experiments with minimal supervision.
- Employ the scientific method in the development of new commercial products.
- Record all data in scientific notebooks.
- Pay attention to detail and housekeeping responsibilities to maintain a safe working environment.
- Attend all departmental safety and staff meetings as required.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor's (B.S.) degree in a four-year College or University in Chemistry with a minimum of five years or more of applicable work experience or the equivalent of related experience or any equivalent combination of related training and experience. Higher degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Cement and Color Formulations, strong plus.
MAPEI offers medical coverage options for you and your family. We currently offer two extremely competitive medical plans with minimal monthly employee contributions and very, very low deductibles! We offer dental, vision, flex spending accounts, and more! Our employees earn paid time off, have the opportunity to participate in retirement savings with a company match available, as well as various other company employee-centric initiatives.
"At MAPEI our employees are our greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills and knowledge that are essential to MAPEI Corporation's continued growth and future success which is why we honor your efforts and commitment by providing highly competitive compensation packages and one of the most comprehensive employee benefits offering in our Industry. The continued well-being of our employees and their loved ones is of the utmost importance to us." - President and CEO, MAPEI Americas. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities