Senior Scientist, DtVJob Description
If you are looking to make an impact while gaining experience with BCC and AFC product and materials working with cross functional team members from around the world, please consider applying for this position! The broad product and material exposure along with developing a diverse network of people will help provide a solid foundation for future career development. This position will provide Global R&E leadership for Design to Value (DtV) creating balanced value creation considering consumer, sustainability, and KC. The position will also have opportunities to lead impactful cross regional and cross functional projects related to product, materials and sustainabilitySUMMARY OF POSITION:
- Connect and inspire KC global, regional and local teams to collaborate, adapt and apply to enable winning product and cost savings. Scope is Global BCC and AFC.
- Provide thought leadership to drive the Design to Value (DtV) process on a Global Scale. DtV is a consumer centric data driven decision making process to provide Value to Consumer and Value to Kimberly Clark with winning product and cost savings to enable top and line bottom growth.
- Lead Global Benchmarking and analysis across Kimberly Clark and with regional and local competitors. Analysis includes product performance, preference and cost to make areas of opportunity and Best in Class visible to close or create gaps. Develop trade-offs to drive cost savings while protecting the consumer and supporting sustainability.
- Lead the preparation, execution and follow-up of DtV Workshops on a Global, Regional and Local level to enable teams to achieve (exceed) objectives for Winning Product, Cost Savings and Sustainability. Leverage and strengthen workshop tools to incorporate analytics and "hands on" look and feel experiences to enable data driven decisions.
- Drive value outside of workshop activity. Use team member connections, analytics and tools to develop business cases. Provide project leadership and support to enable impact.
- Leverage process and equipment resources to ensure product and material changes can be implemented without unacceptable impact to Quality or OEE.
- Manage dashboards, scorecards and data bases to make impact and opportunities visible and actionable.
- Lead special Global programs / projects with Enterprise impact outside the scope of DtV. Work can be related to Product and / or Material development, sustainability, or many other topics.
- Reports to the Global R&E DtV BCC and AFC Sr. Manager.
- Works and collaborates with all levels of management and technical personnel within global, regional and local teams including R&E, Global Supply Chain, Procurement, Marketing, Marketing Research, Manufacturing and Cost Transformation. Also provides connections to KCNA based Technology Teams and Global Non-Wovens.
- Works and collaborates with global, regional and local support functions such as Legal, Finance, Product Safety, Environmental and others as required.
- External collaboration includes but is not limited to Raw Material and Finishing Supply Vendors (through Procurement and GNW), multiple Technical Service Providers and key OEMs required for specialized technology support on K-C project work.
- Lead the DtV process to provide balanced value creation considering consumer, sustainability and Kimberly Clark. Scope includes short term gap closure and development of mid to long range pipeline opportunities.
- Partner with and enable global, regional and local teams to achieve winning product, cost savings and sustainability objectives. Connect cross functionally to ensure broad support and alignment.
- Champion the adoption of best practices across the regional teams and within the R&E organization.
- Ensure DtV priorities and programs are consistent with current business direction and are aligned with longer term product plans.
- Provide technical judgment on the feasibility of meeting timelines and costs of programs.
- Ensure problems related to programs within scope that could compromise the consumer experience, production or customer service are resolved in a timely manner.
- Protect and defend K-C proprietary technology and products through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets and effective protection of proprietary information.
- Challenge competitive intellectual property to ensure right to practice for K-C technologies and products.
- Ensure all work complies with corporate safety, regulatory, product safety and sustainability requirements.
- Manage human and financial resources effectively to deliver business plans. Develop plans and priorities that will drive business results.
- Interface effectively with the other work stream teams, Supply Chain and Marketing to ensure effective and efficient creation and execution of business plans.
- Promote the perpetuation of a business-focused, results-oriented, technical culture within the team.
- Mentor less experienced R&E personal with potential to grow into a similar role.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Implement programs and procedures which ensure effective Safety and Quality attitudes and practices.
- Prepare and implement unit budgets and schedules with appropriate controls.
- Implement the documentation and report of unit work as required by R&E policy; effective communication, protection of proprietary information, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Communicate appropriately with all customers, conducting all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity and honesty to build an unimpeachable business reputation.
EDUCATION REQUIRED / PREFERRED:
- Normally at least a Bachelors degree in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in an R&E, Operations or relevant Support Function role with increasing responsibilities.
- Personal Care sector experience highly preferred.
- Product and / or material development experience highly preferred.
CRITICAL SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of ideas leading to new or improved products, processes, materials, and systems in support of winning product, cost transformation and sustainability objectives.
- Proven ability to positively influence people at all organizational levels.
- Leadership of Global, cross functional teams including workshop facilitation.
- Communicate in clear, concise and impactful way on a global scale. Skills include communications up to Senior Leader levels and across to lead / facilitate global teams to drive impact
- The ability to drive decision making is critical to this position.
IMPORTANT SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Effectively demonstrate K-C's Leadership Qualities in performance of his/her leadership duties.
- Effectively demonstrate and champion Cross-cultural awareness.
- Strong understanding of internal bench / lab testing and consumer learning practices is preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and drive collaboration across regions, functions and departments.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with resources based in regional locations.
- Ability to effectively communicate to individuals and groups.
- Ability to work under normal office conditions
- Ability to communicate with globally accommodating time zone challenges.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:Primary Location
USA-WI-NeenahAdditional LocationsWorker Type