NYU Grossman School of Medicine
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram . Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Project Manager.
NYU Langone Health is the Clinical Science Core (CSC) for a major NIH grant to study Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 Infection (PASC) or Long COVID. This 4 year initiative aims to answer key research questions needed to advance the scientific community's understanding of PASC and discover effective therapeutics to address it. This is an interdepartmental effort that spans the Office of Science and Research, Department of Medicine, Department of Population Health and Medical Center IT.
NYU Langone Health seeks candidates for a Research Project Manager position to support one of four arms of the initiative, namely the ‘real world data' arm that studies Long COVID using large networks of electronic health records (EHRs) around the country (herein "EHR cohorts"). The EHR cohorts will collaborate with research partners and consortiums to study the prevalence and incidence of Long COVID, share computable phenotype definitions, synergize analytical approaches, perform harmonized validation, and support other RECOVER cohorts.
Reporting to the Senior Research Project Manager, the EHR Cohorts Research Project Manager will contribute to managing the day-to-day operations of coordinating the networks involved in the EHR Cohorts. This will include tracking action steps, supervising meeting note takers, supporting the development and implementation of a query management system to efficiently track requests for EHR abstracted data from across the Consortium. The Research Project Manager is also responsible for maintaining procedures to develop and implement efficient and scalable processes. Qualified candidates have experience working on projects that leverage electronic health records to advance population health.Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of the EHR Cohorts collaboration and work plans, as well as subsequent operation manuals.
- Supports development of procedures or uses a tracking or ticketing system to manage RECOVER query process.
- Manages the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, setting deadlines, tracking responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of project.
- Acts as the primary liaison and resource to research partners for protocol and collaborative plan-related questions.
- Coordinates activities of site contract execution and site payments with the RECOVER contract and finance teams.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time
- Attends collaborative meetings and team meetings.
Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field, business, healthcare administration or a related field and 3-5 years of experience in academic or other research environment, or related area with demonstrated analysis and facilitation skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- Experience managing multi-site studies, and working with large and diverse networks of research sites is preferred.
- Experience in working on projects that involve the use of electronic health records.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable regulations and guidance documents.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.