Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world's most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip, RNAfix, and RNAswitch payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is recruiting for an Associate Director/Director, Program and Portfolio Management reporting to the Vice President, Program and Portfolio Management, and collaborating closely with members of the ShapeTX Research Leadership Team and Research Project Leads. This role will be instrumental in operationalizing and supporting Shape's research strategy and project teams. Leveraging your scientific acumen and ability to drive results, you will ensure tight alignment and transparent communication across our research teams and the broader organization. This role requires intellectual curiosity, and strong project management and collaboration skills.
- In partnership with the VP, Program and Portfolio management, implement business critical processes as necessary to support the department and our evolving research and clinical development organizations
- In collaboration with Research Project Leads, maintain current and accurate program timelines and deliver on priorities, monitor progress, track action items, and identify and mitigate risks
- Support research program operations by organizing team meetings, drafting agendas and minutes, and helping to evolve business systems to support efficient and impactful collaboration across functions
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in scientific discipline strongly preferred
- Scientific/operational or program/project management experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical / healthcare industry; early-stage drug development experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional projects / programs in a matrix organization and to initiate, plan, and execute multiple projects and sub-projects
- Ability to flex, operate and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Skilled in the implementation of business processes and tools