Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of an Oncology Risk product.
The position reports directly to VP, Oncology Solutions and works closely with Optum Oncology's product leadership peers (Clinical, New Product Development), sales, healthcare economics, operations and more.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of Optum's ability to take financial risk in Oncology. In these risk-based client arrangements, Optum will leverage its market leading utilization management and case management programs to create value for its clients
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of various risk models within healthcare (e.g., capitation, value-based contracting, bundle payments, Oncology Care Model)
- Define the product strategy and roadmap that support business and operational needs for delivery including business requirements and product implementation
- Develop product value proposition and messaging for external audiences
- Work with Optum healthcare economics / actuarial team to determine the optimal financial arrangements that will maximize value for Optum and its clients
- Support Business Development/Marketing and other business teams in proposal, renewal or new business efforts as needed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years broad and deep product management experience
- 6+ years working with risk products and/or models (Commercial, Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid, etc.)
- 5+ years working in health care (preferably payer)
- B2B experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MBA, MPH
- Experience working in Oncology
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Based in MN
- Success in building credibility, influence and partner with key clients
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence internal partner groups
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Director, Product Management, product management, risk products, healthcare, payer, B2B, Oncology, value based contracting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote