SBM Management is searching for a EHS Manager! The EHS Manager plans, directs, and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with site level and regional operations teams for their assigned regions in order to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable company and regulatory agency regulations. The EHS Manager will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce injuries and risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our associates. The EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team, internal stakeholders and customer contacts and influence change through providing comprehensive safety and risk assessments.
- Serves as an EHS subject matter expert and business partner for the Region in which they support.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Advise/assist sites within region as needed in the development and implementation of site EHS programs and annual plans
- Coordinate and drive EHS activities and initiatives within the region via in person visits, conference calls and other routine communications. Measure and report on region's EHS performance and actionable trends.
- Coordinate with corporate EHS leadership to ensure alignment with divisional initiatives, guidance, relevant incidents, and overall sharing of best practices
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors and staff to institute corrective actions for unsafe and/or potentially unsafe acts, conditions or equipment.
- Assist regions with coordination, development and delivery of training and education programs for new hires and existing employees
- Assist regions in identification of site/job site hazards and risks to prevent injuries, spills or other EHS impacts and to ensure compliance with company and customer-specific safety standards and government regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Conduct Divisional Post Incident Reviews, support Quarterly Business Reviews, prepare weekly reports and other routine functions as needed
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Take lead role in investigations and corrective and preventative actions of serious and severe incidents Compiles and submits accident reports
- Serve as back-up to peer regional EHS Managers as needed
- Up to 35% overnight travel is required for this position based on business needs.
- Drive corporate strategic EHS plans across assigned locations
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technologists (OHST) is highly desired
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7+ years' of increasing responsibilities in safety program management in manufacturing, production, distribution or service industry operations.
- OSHA 501 General Industry outreach trainer desired
- Strong customer service skills, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and research skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, including executive management, as well as the ability to engage field employees
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situation