Â :Executive Director Position Summary
Under the direction of the Regional Director of Operations, the Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the programs and services delivered are consistent with American House's philosophy of Senior Living and the highest level of customer service provided for our residents and communities, supporting their ongoing efforts to maintain and increase occupancy and deliver an exceptional resident experience, along with management of daily operations.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Executive Director:
Primary Responsibilities for Executive Director:
- Degree in healthcare, gerontology, business or related field preferred.
- Two years minimum experience in managing senior living residences preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and manage a budget preferred.
- Experience in sales and marketing preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- A valid driver's license, error-free driving record and current auto insurance
- Executive Director ensures the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Create and maintain a high level of resident and employee satisfaction.
- Responsible for sales initiatives and community outreach.
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents.
- Communicate the corporate mission, vision, values and goals to all staff at the community
- Foster a sense of enthusiasm, self-worth and team spirit at the community
- Network with local groups to generate community awareness of American House.
- Update knowledge and industry trends to keep your Community in the mainstream regarding services, amenities, and competition.
- Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting Monthly Executive Summary Report.
- Engage with department community Pillar Directors (i.e. Culinary, Life Enrichment, and Wellness) on developing and implementing new initiatives, ensuring accountability and adoption of new changes at the community level, and providing feedback on successes or challenges
- Assist in developing and achieving the operating budget.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Be familiar with and practice the job duties listed in the Executive Director Manual.
- Hire and supervise employees, ensuring adequate staffing.
- Ensure the Employee satisfaction survey is completed. Ensure action plans are created and followed
- Ensure a Resident Satisfaction Survey is completed. Ensure action plans are created and followed
- Monitor labor costs and hours and address concerns and action plans with the community directors
- Ensure the Regional Director of Operations is informed of major issues and make suggestions and presentations for change and improvements
- Regularly walk the community using the "ready for company" checklist.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
Company Overview:Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities' vision is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate people.