Work. With Purpose
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor - and a stellar work ethic - we should talk.
Check out this ChanceLight video and visit our website to learn about the ChanceLight's three divisions and their respective companies
Senior Behavioral Analyst provides behavioral and educational support for individual students, responsible for educational/clinical trainings and measuring individual staff performance, and is the chief quality assurance agent of the educational and behavioral programs assuring compliance with laws, regulations, and internal standards for educational and behavioral services.Position Details:
Join the Ombudsman Educational Services Family! -
- Supports two campuses; Bridges Academy & Spectrum Lake County
- Functions as a role model for effective teaching of students as well as for communication and problem solving with staff, reinforcing the School's emphasis on behavior analytic, empirical approach to education, the extensive use of data in decision making, and the use of positive reinforcement to achieve maximum performance when working with students and co-workers.
- Assesses the school staff development needs, research, and designs training programs based on those needs.
- Oversees the implementation of crisis management procedures while also providing ongoing coaching and support in the use of crisis management principles.
- Ensures that Clinical Specialists/Clinical Assistants provide ongoing positive support within the classroom in a proactive manner that is aligned with student and classroom behavioral programs.
- Works in collaboration with Curriculum and Instruction Specialist around researching and making recommendations for the use of evidence-based curricula in the classrooms that meet the requirements set forth by the Department of Education.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with parents, care providers, and district personnel, always projecting a positive company image.
- Ensures the use of evidence-based, positive approaches to address the behavioral needs of the students served.
- Conducts and oversees functional assessments of behavior; writes Positive Behavior Intervention Plans; reviews and approves Behavior Intervention Plan updates, Behavior Support Plans, and Student Behavior Strategies; trains staff to implement behavior plans through in-classroom modeling and coaching.
- Provides support, guidance, and supervision in the areas of behavior management, teaching functional skills, teaching social skills, and IEP goal development across domains and services.
- Reviews and approves all behavioral emergency reports and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Works in collaboration with the Curriculum and Instruction Specialist and AVP of ED Services in the use of Positive Behavior Supports/PBS, which includes the point/level system and school/classroom based reinforcers.
- Provides input and problem solve challenging student behavioral and instructional needs.
- Implements systems designed to meet the needs of individual students, classrooms, and the site as a whole.
- Provides support for the development of strategies for fading students from 1:1 staffing ratios to small group staffing ratios.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings including Regional training, Senior Behavior Analyst Meetings, Site Team Meetings, Clinical Meetings, All Staff Meetings, etc.
- Guides the instructional staff in developing long term and short term classroom goals and assists in determining priorities and timelines for implementation (e.g., START Checklist, Classroom Prototype).
- Ensures compliance with the State and Federal regulations, and ESA/Spectrum Center's internal standards.
- Participates in on-going staff development through conferences, training, and seminars to maintain and develop core competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
https://youtu.be/qFHz4PDCk8kThe ChanceLight Story.
Masters or better.
Experience training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) including effective teaching strategies, classroom management systems, data-based decision making, and conducting functional analysis/behavior intervention plans in an educational setting.2 years:
Working with individuals with severe disabilities and challenging behaviors and at least 2 years' supervisory experience required.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)