Job DescriptionWe currently have two open positions for this role. Job Description
Load hot asphalts into bulk trailer tankers and to unload hot asphalts from trailer tankers and railcars. Assist in operating plant equipment necessary to produce quality asphalts including valves, pumps, lab equipment sample taking & testing, truck loading and unloading into tankers, rail car unloading into raw material tanks and preparing shipping papers.
Please do not apply if you are looking for an office-based job. We need people who enjoy being outside in a variety of weather conditions so that we as a team can better serve our customers. We are a great company with great pay and great benefits.
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions is a relationship-driven company that values each employee's willingness to learn and contribute to the team. We are family owned with locations throughout the U.S. and Mexico, but we pride ourselves on maintaining a small-company feel.Loader-Unloader Job Duties:
- Loads bulk tankers with product that meets customer specification.
- Unload railcars and bulk tankers with raw material and transports through pipelines into storage tanks.
- Perform quality tests on both incoming and finished products.
- Understand plant Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Must follow Asphalt procedures including: asphalt operations (processing and storage of materials) Safety and loss prevention procedures. Asphalt equipment standards. Asphalt Q.C. testing procedures. Environmental responsibilities.
- Responsible for taking physical inventories of asphalt raw materials, asphalt finished goods, direct materials, and all necessary supplies.
- Take responsibility for safety, environmental and housekeeping audits.
- Includes inspection of steam snuff systems, steam and boiler equipment.
- Responsible for the safe operation of asphalt preheaters, incinerators, blowers and pumps.
- Assist in producing quality products for customer's specifications, blending asphalt fluxes, monitoring asphalt converters operations.
- Operate plant vehicles including lift trucks, bobcat loaders and pickup trucks.
- Performs boiler testing and monitors the operations of the plant boilers.
- Enter data into computers to generate shipping documents, quality reports, production records etc.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Teamwork-able to follow instructions, work with different people(styles) and accepts change easily.
- Candidate must have basic mechanical math and computer skills
- Able to use hand tools
- Lift 50Lbs
- Use personal protective equipment
- Perform job task that involve lifting, bending, climbing tanks and other structures.
Ergon offers a competitive benefits package for our operators: 401(k), Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance and Profit Sharing
Ergon is an EEO/AAP Employer.
Email your resume, No Walk-ins or Phone Calls will be accepted. Applicant will be contact for interviews.
Employment offer contingent upon pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR.
COVID-19 considerations: COVID-19 protocols are in place at this facility. Employees are spread out over shifts, social distancing is practiced, face coverings are required, and the facility is cleaned regularly.
Job Reference: Loader/Un-loader Assistant Operator Job Posted by ApplicantPro