- Location:?Frederick, MD -?CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Client(s):?Position supports our government clients at?CDMRP
- Position Information:?Full-Time Regular, Exempt
- Vacancy:?One Opening
- Security Level:?Ability to perform on federal contracts which includes successful completion of SF85, SF85P, SF86, or similar form(s) to pass a background investigation [Reference].
- Travel Required:?This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings
- Relocation Expenses:?No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
- Citizenship:?US citizenship required, per the job contract
The?Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program?(CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders - Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires a Senior Program Evaluator who can provide scientific rigor for CDMRP's program evaluation efforts. The Senior Program Evaluator will be responsible for identifying, developing, leading, and conducting program evaluation efforts at CDMRP. They will analyze data, prepare reports, and brief leadership on outcomes of these studies. These projects may involve evaluation of research program outcomes and effectiveness, as well as evaluation of CDMRP-wide processes.
Senior Program Evaluator duties may include:
- Managing the design, implementation, and oversight of research and evaluation processes
- Providing program evaluation consultations and support services to CDMRP leadership, staff, programs, and working groups
- Serving as a key resource and strategic thought partner to senior leadership throughout the organization
- Proposing, leading, designing, and implementing long-term, mixed method program evaluation studies and analyzing/interpreting the results of the studies
- Preparing detailed technical reports and summary presentations of program evaluation study results including summary spreadsheets, graphs, data visualizations, and narrative descriptions of methods and findings
- Conducting in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identifying problem areas and determining how to resolve them
- Making recommendations for improvement resulting from the program evaluation studies
- Identifying and evaluating data sources for suitability and usefulness for evaluation studies
- Developing and disseminating evaluation resources, tools, and trainings to foster and enhance CDMRP's internal evaluation capacity
Minimum Education and Experience
- Masters' Degree in a related field
- 8 years of related experience in social science research or program evaluation
Skills That Set You Apart
- Hands-on experience with collection, management, and analysis of large data sets using a broad range of research methodologies
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and statistical experience, particularly quantitative analysis of administrative data sets, survey data, and other data sources
- Proven experience in survey design, development, administration, and evaluation
- Ability to communicate results simply and effectively
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of the OMB and IRB clearance process
- Proven skills in working independently and as part of a team, including leading teams to accomplish tasks
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- PhD in a related field
- Federal government program evaluation experience
- Experience evaluating research outcomes, publications, and other grant related data particularly long-term clinical progression of research and impact
- Knowledge of public health, science and science management and experience in identifying and assessing issues to enhance the effectiveness of biomedical health research programs
- Experience leading, designing, and implementing program evaluation studies and analyzing and interpreting the results of those program evaluation studies in the biomedical research field
If you don't have all of the skills above, don't be discouraged-no resume paints a complete picture of a person. There's a good chance you're more wonderful than you think, so please apply!What Makes a Successful Rippler
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required to be successful in the role. Other duties may be assigned to help make our clients successful and achieve our company goals. We have designed the introductory period to convey company core values and clear expectations of your role.
- You pay attention to the details. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. So you stay organized, meet commitments and deadlines, work efficiently, and always check your work.
- You communicate clearly. You consider your audience and take care to get your points across professionally and concisely, both in writing and when speaking to others. You're comfortable interacting with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders, and respect everyone's perspective.
- You work independently. You know how to manage competing deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects, and can adapt when you need to re-prioritize. When you're stuck, you take initiative to find resources, and you're comfortable asking for help when you need it.
- You're eager to learn. You have a track record of learning new things, especially programs, technology, and processes. You embrace change, and if you can't find a teacher, you teach yourself. Once you learn something new, you are excited to evaluate it and teach it to others.
Ripple Effect provides professional consulting services and exceptional talent to federal, private, and non-profit clients to support some of the most crucial policies and programs that shape our nation. Our multi-disciplinary team, across?communications & outreach,?research & evaluation,?policy & program management, and?strategic staffing?domains, empowers us to build common sense, tailored solutions that make our clients successful, no matter their challenges. Ripple Effect is a diverse and inclusive environment, full of bright, insightful, and intentional people who value and reward adaptability, lifelong learning, and authenticityBenefits
We reward our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits, to a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Performance & Professional development
- Flexible schedules and remote work arrangements
Q ualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
Employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify ;
Applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy ; and
Applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply, or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs?or join our email newsletter!