aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve
available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.Job Description
Laboratory Technician/ Entry Level Sauget, IL Union Job Summary
- Perform testing of inbound and process materials to hazard class/ better manage the waste utilizing various laboratory techniques, fingerprint screens, cyanide analysis.
- This position is a great way to begin your career with Veolia. Veolia has several career growth opportunities within the laboratory and across Veolia.
- Responsibilities: (Training Provided) Under direct supervision, responsible for performing routine tasks and simple analysis on hazardous waste samples utilizing prescribed procedures following company and regulatory guidelines. And other wet chemistry methodologies to determine the nature of hazardous substances and ensure regulatory compliance. Analysts will gain a host of experience typically in less than two years on various instruments such as gas chromatographs, calorimeters, flash point testers, ICPs, Mercury Analyzers, Ion Chromatography, pH meter, and Bomb Calorimeters. As well as site-specific training in the environmental side of waste management.
- Veolia will train on the following: Hazwoper Chemical Hygiene Training Analytical parameters Techniques SOPs Waste management Departmental Operating Procedures Safety OSHA Instrumentation and Maintenance Reagent/Standard Preparation Supply Inventory.
- Associate's degree or equivalent, with coursework in qualitative and quantitative Chemistry or biology preferred.
- Zero to two years of experience in a related position in a similar environment with the ability to use laboratory apparatus and equipment to perform safely, accurate, reproducible work and define problems, collect data, troubleshoot and draw valid conclusions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.