Summary: Operates and maintains wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirementsSummary Of Job Duties
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control and vacuum filters used to decontaminate waste water by settling, aeration and sludge digestion.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor. Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs field tests (chemical, physical and biological) in order to pace chemical dosages for process and odor control units or alter unit processes.
- Samples wastewater, sludge and gases (odor control, digester, etc.) according to schedule.
- Prepares chemical solutions and services automatic samplers.
- Monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
- Performs lab tests applicable to permit testing and reporting per procedures.
- Performs routine instrument calibration for portable meters including, but not limited to, dissolved oxygen, pH, H2S, percent oxygen, lower explosive limit.
- Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, routine preventive maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English, operational, process, safety and quality instructions. Must also be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Holds a grade 5C or higher Massachusetts wastewater license. (Required by regulatory agencies at this site).
- Six months to two years' experience in wastewater treatment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned equipment meeting or exceeding process control targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing by gravity belt thickener, laboratory testing equipment and working with chemicals and equipment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use PLC's, SCADA and computer programs.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional ornew responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call.
- Industrial Pretreatment Program experience a plus but not required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.