For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
We are seeking a Supervisor, Data Management
for our Safety Assessment
site located in Reno, NV
Oversee technical and operational performance of the assigned laboratory science department (e.g. analytical chemistry, immunochemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, and/or molecular technology). Provide direct supervision and guidance in the day to day activities of assigned employees.Job QualificationsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of non-exempt employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
- Ensure accurate, high-quality work and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Prioritize workload of assigned group. Ensure daily schedule is accurately prepared.
- Resolve technical and operational issues (e.g. troubleshooting procedural, instrumentation/equipment, technique issues).
- Work with peers and Management to implement new laboratory processes, procedures, and services.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements within the department.
- Manage supplies and inventories for assigned supervisory workgroup.
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
About Safety Assessment
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biology, animal science or related field.
- Experience: 3 years experience in an applicable laboratory environment. Enrollment in or completion of a supervisory/management training program preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.