SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
A Project Manager I is a key member of the Client Services Team, serving as a client advocate and laboratory liaison. The Project Manager I is expected to build strong working relationships with our clients and technical staff. This role is responsible for guiding successful, on-time completion of the clients' project beginning with the first contact (i.e request for quote, bottle kits, etc.), through the lab (i.e. analytical details, status, etc.), to the final deliverables and invoicing. The Project Manager I will work within a functional group of Project Manager Assistants and other Project Managers. This role is responsible for managing a dedicated portfolio of clients with lower complexities and/or annual analytical spend. The Project Manager I is expected to become familiar with project complexities and develop a working knowledge of the ongoing project work within their functional working group to offer assistance to the Client Services team. The Project Manger will also be responsible for training and delegating tasks to Project Manager Assistants.
The Project Manager I:
- Acts a the main point of contact/client services representative for a dedicated list of clients with lower complexities and/or annual analytical spend.
- Aids the client with all aspects of project setup, including the initial quote, supply order, sample receipt, data reporting, and invoicing.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with the client, laboratory operations, and sales team to support long term, successful relationships between all parties. Staff meetings and client meetings are critical to relay information about past, current, and upcoming projects.
- Acts as the client liaison to the laboratory to ensure all aspects of the project are carried out in the best interest of the client and laboratory operations to meet TAT deadline
- Is responsible for keeping all accounts project managed and up to date and accurate.
- Monitors project status and provides regular updates through proactive communication to the client, lab operations, and sales team related to project status. Effective and efficient communication is key between all areas of the laboratory and the client and is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Understands all applicable aspects of the client project, including rationale for the project, regulations that affect the project, and the different methods employed by the client and laboratory to produce results. A knowledge of environmental regulations is helpful, including: NPDES. SW-846.
- Documents and executes client requests including bottle orders, tracking samples, LIMS login, change orders, etc.
- Reviews project data and invoicing for accuracy and completeness before sending final reports to the client.
- Participates in offsite and/or virtual client meetings as coordinated with the Sales team
- Promotes a positive working atmosphere and represent SGS in a positive manner inside and outside of the laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure that SGS can fulfill its mission of quality, service, and growth.
- Associates' degree or equivalent industry experience
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience (education, work related, or a combination) in sciences and/or customer service
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field, strongly preferred
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a Project Manager Assistant, strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent mathematical and reasoning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 lbs
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Longer hours, evenings and/or weekend work will be necessary occasionally as job duties demand
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.