7118 - Laurel - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Looking for the best kept secret in retail? You've found it! CarMax is one of the Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work and has been for more than a decade. At CarMax we're different - with us you can put your career in gear!What CarMax offers:
Why Service Operations?
- Opportunity to use your skills, experience and talents to help field CarMax's growth
- Extensive training program to set you up for long term success
- Limited growth opportunities
- Commitment to our communities
- An environment that fosters work/life balance
- A competitive compensation plane and comprehensive benefits package
Technician Production Managers
- Help CarMax produce quality cars for our customers
- There is a culture built on teamwork and inclusiveness
- No two days are the same, every day there is a new opportunity, a new challenge and a new win
- Managers are empowered to problem solve, reduce waste, manage production, and build associate engagement
- Fun work culture where you get to work with great people and teams
are a part of our Service Operations team who recondition all of the cars that our customers purchase. They are responsible for ensuring our Associates produce quality vehicles for our customers by managing both the daily operations of the department and our Technicians to maintain technician quality standard as company targets.
- A new Technician Production Manager will be placed in a Manager in Training (MIT) position and complete an extensive training where they will learn the foundation of CarMax's Mechanical Department, including the following principle duties and responsibilities:
- Control the flow of vehicles through the reconditioning process.
- Ensure that all technicians are following CarMax standards and guidelines through the reconditioning process.
- Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
- Manage and develop associates at the individual level
- Maintain key performance measures
- Assist with the development and execution of production plans
- To ensure success, assessments are conducted throughout the training program to measure each participant's progress.
- Successful completion of the training program is required to be placed into a management position.
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 1 year management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service
- Proven track record of associate development
- Hands-on manager with the ability lead through managers, supervisors and a team of associates
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work flexible hours in a combination of both indoor and outdoor work environments, which requires walking or stand for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to relocate preferred
Don't let a lack of background in the automotive industry stop you from discovering what else makes us a great place to work. While CarMax sells used cars, many of our managers do not have previous experience in the automotive industry.Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.