Why Build a Future at Members 1st?
- Unmatched company culture - If there is one concept, we want you to understand about us, it is this. WE. It is a simple little word, but it means everything here. We think as one. One faM1ly. One Community. One place where everyone belongs. Everything we do is in the best interest of all of us.
- Competitive compensation with career growth opportunities as well as annual increase & bonus potential.
- Nationally recognized 401K, up to 10% employer contribution that helps our associates prepare for their futures
- Excellent benefits including Health Insurance as low as $5 per pay, Tuition Reimbursement, 11 paid holidays & a competitive PTO plan-just to name a few!
- Our commitment to providing a healthy work/life balance - to support all the other parts of life that are important to you!
- With faM1ly always in our forefront, we offer Paid Parental Leave to help support your time off to bond with your new child.
- Strong commitment to our Members & Communities we serve with a plethora of volunteer opportunities available.
- Strong commitment to our associates with our dedication to providing professional development, leadership training & coaching opportunities!
- Associate Resource Groups - namely, Women in Leadership and Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
The purpose of the Universal Branch Manager is to foster an environment that delivers an exceptional experience for both members and associates. This role determines the success of the branch by identifying and hiring top talent; developing each member of the branch team; setting a clear direction for the branch; directing all aspects of branch operations including deposit growth, loans & service ratio, creating great partnerships within Members 1st and the community - all while maintaining a focus on our members. A significant degree of creativity, data analysis and problem-solving are required to effectively provide solutions to member issues.
With moderate budgetary impact, this role provides superior service, drives branch growth and service as well as associate staffing & development plans, ensures compliance and credit union standard and executes lobby engagement. This position has very limited supervision of work and communicates, collaborates and influences members, prospective members and credit union personnel to deliver unparalleled experiences. This role also engages in the community to understand the unique qualities of the market in order to build strategic partnerships and relationships and is required to demonstrate a consultative sales approach that fosters the culture within the branch. The Universal Branch Manager works to develop and coach staff, ensures regulatory and policy branch compliance, and also influences, educates and connects branch associates, partners and members to technology. This position may provide coverage, as needed for other departments and/or functions that are within the scope of this position.
General and business knowledge equivalent to a two-year degree
5-8 years of related experience in retail financial services or equivalent work experience with 2 years of management experience
- Decision making requires analytical ability, judgment and ingenuity
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact
- Measured experience in sales activities and sales results
- Advanced experience in developing and implementing sales-related tactical plans and executing on sales efforts, behaviors and results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced consulting ability
- Strong financial, problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to coach and develop individuals
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Familiarity with PCs and applicable software
- Spanish bilingual abilities preferred based on location
- Effective knowledge
- Accountability and self-management
- Teamwork and leadership
- Innovation and problem-solving
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to receive information and hear sounds at normal speaking levels under normal conditions in the branch
- Visually able to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading
- Sufficient manual skill for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods
- Ability to work extended evening and weekend hours and to travel to other locations to provide extended hours coverage
- Ability to exert minimum amounts of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)