Serve as part of the school leadership team and be responsible for the management, analysis, and disseminating of a variety of school-wide data. Work directly with site administration in planning and implementing school-wide strategies designed to support student-centered learning practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Assist teachers with the implementation of Arizona State Standards for English Language Arts.
- Provides assistance and support for the implementation of Beyond Textbooks and all components with its philosophy
- Collect, monitor, student achievement data using formative, summative, benchmarks, and state-determined assessments
- Ensure assessment data is communicated to all stakeholders regularly
- Meet and plan with teachers, staff, and other administration on data findings regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly) as defined by Academic Services
- Assist with the disaggregating and analyzing benchmark, progress monitors and other district formatives to help guide teacher's instructional decisions.
- Monitor and report the effectiveness and progress of instruction and student performance to Academic Services
- Responsible for components of on-going professional development to support goals and initiatives
- Attend SAL meetings in order to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Provide additional support needed to implement various instruction and practices.
- Regularly monitor assessments and intervention administration for integrity and fidelity
- Serve as on-site coordinator and administrator for all assessments
- Assist with data collection, procedures, scheduling, and generally collaborate to increase student achievement
- Attend and actively participate in all meeting in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, vendors, schools, and the community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in a specific field.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines and demands from multiple sites.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates within a school environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to see, talk and hear
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, primarily working Monday through Thursday, with a 151-day certified contract. This position is eligible for medical benefits. The employee may need to work extended hours to meet deadlines. Occasional travel to conferences, with overnight stays, may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of teaching experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Valid Arizona teaching certificate, appropriate to the position. This could include standard elementary or secondary teaching certification or an administrator certificate, such as a Supervisor, Prekindergarten-12 Certificate.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Shift TypeFull-TimeSalary Range$47,075.00 - $58,975.00 / Per YearLocationBlack Mountain School K-8