Atomwise, based in San Francisco, is transforming preclinical drug discovery using artificial intelligence (AI). Our technology can screen billions of small molecules to discover novel scaffolds and potent analogs, and contribute to the rational design of molecules during lead optimization. Our partners include pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech companies, top-ranked academic institutions and global non-profit foundations. Atomwise has hundreds of programs that reflect a commitment to lowering the barriers to drug discovery and improving health across all therapeutic areas.
Atomwise is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as Documentation Specialist. This role will have a direct impact on the selection and success of our drug discovery projects and our mission to transform pharma drug discovery - to shorten timelines, reduce costs, and increase the number of safe and effective treatments.
Our team is our most valuable asset. Everyone on our team is crucial to fully realizing the potential of our technology to transform drug discovery. In this role you will transcribe, enter and maintain compound and biological assay data across different platforms. The ideal candidate will enjoy work that involves processing raw data from biological assays, manipulating different types of biological data and data types across multiple projects, and requires strong organizational skills and significant attention to detail.Required
- Bachelor's degree (biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, computer science or a related field preferred)
- 1-3 years experience in assay development, specimen data management, data management, quality control/assurance, or related discipline
- Familiarity with or exposure to various biochemical, biophysical, cellular, and pharmacological data types
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional results-oriented team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical and data visualization skills (particularly with data manipulation in Excel)
- Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
- A can-do attitude, no task is too small
When applying, please provide
- Wet lab experience in a research or drug discovery environment
- Knowledge of small-molecule early drug development process
- General understanding of cloud computing/data storage concepts
- Experience with CDD Vault a strong plus, especially with migrating data
Compensation & benefits
- A cover letter
- A paragraph stating how your skills and experience will help the Atomwise team
- A CV or resume
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan - you'll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Relaxed work environment
- Great colleagues
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.