Marklund Day School is hiring Special Education Teachers!
We are expanding our school, come grow with us!
Would you like to make a difference and be appreciated for what you do?
Join us in making everyday life possible for individuals with profound disabilities!
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Special Education Teacher
. This is a year-round position at our Day School with locations in Bloomingdale and Geneva, IL.New Grads are Welcome to Apply!$10,000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time positions ($5,000 paid after 1 year of employment and $5,000 paid after 2 years).
We value our employees and always strive to maintain a stimulating work environment. Join us today, so YOU can make the ‘Marklund Difference' like Nancy has!Nancy's Story:
"I'm proud to say that I have been a part of the Marklund organization for 11 years and with the Day School for 5 years. As the lead teacher of the Day School, I get to wake up excited to go to work every day. Touching the lives of the children we serve is my passion, and the Marklund Day School shares this desire with me. Working for the Marklund Day School has made me a better educator and it continues to inspire me to develop professionally in the field. The Marklund Day School does not believe in limitations, but rather the talents, strengths and gifts that each child brings to the classroom. In all my years as an educator, the Marklund Day School is the one and only that stands out among the rest due to its student centered, compassionate, innovative, and dedicated methods and leadership. I'm so proud to be a part of such an inspirational and positive organization!"- Nancy VWho We Are
Marklund provides a rich culture where everything we do contributes to our mission of "making everyday life possible for individuals with profound disabilities." Each and every employee's job contributes to Marklund's vision and is integral to enhancing the lives of the individuals we serve. As part of our private, not-for-profit network of services, you will learn what it's like to have the individuals we serve not only change your career, but also change your life.About Our School
Marklund Day School consists of three locations:
Bloomingdale-Multiple classrooms within 2 buildings (the Marklund Philip Center and the adjacent 12,000-square-foot state-of-the-art Ann Haskins Center) provide educational services to close to 60+ students in both of our Multi-Needs and Life Skills programs
Elgin-2 classrooms within the Marklund Wasmond Center provide education to 10+ students within our Multi-Needs Program
Geneva-Our brand new 26,000-square-foot Marklund Day School in Geneva provides much-needed services to 66 children and young adults with profound developmental disabilities and those on the Autism spectrum. Located on Marklund's Hyde Center campus, the school includes:
- 9 Classrooms
- Therapy rooms
- Observation areas
- 2 Multi-purpose rooms
- Model Apartment
- Nursing and administrative offices
- Outdoor Courtyard
Marklund's Day School is hiring dedicated and caring Teachers to work with students within its Life Skills/Autism and multi-needs programs. Marklund Day School is a well-known and respected nonpublic school serving students ages Pre K-22 who come to our school's program through partnerships with various Chicago suburban school districts. Marklund Day school provides an environment conducive to learning through specialized curriculum, positive behavioral interventions, and individualized student support. Our highly sensory-driven program features physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, art and music therapy, Snoezelen therapy, computer adapted technology, community programs and opportunities, recreational therapy, aquatic therapy and more.Responsibilities include:
- Deliver lesson plans and academic interventions that provide the opportunity to thrive academically
- Provide appropriate teaching methods and materials
- Provide clear, consistent structure for the classroom, ensuring that the academic, social, and emotional needs of each student are met within the guidelines of the Individualized Educational Program (IEP)
- Please note that this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
APPLY TODAY!About Marklund's Life Skills Program:
For students who have been diagnosed with learning, cognitive and emotional disabilities, with an emphasis on those diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum.
The Marklund Life Skills Program is a Marklund initiative designed to provide specialized support to students who have learning and developmental disabilities and those identified on the Autism Spectrum. Program staff are trained and skilled in the application of various teaching methodologies (ABA, TEACCH, PECS, etc), and technology integrated curriculum, utilizing a combined approach to ensure a high degree of individualization.
The Life Skills program provides opportunities for students to participate in functional and meaningful activities within a highly structured environment, enabling students to maximize their potential and achieve personal success based upon the interests, strengths, and needs of each student.We offer a mentoring program for our new teachers that currently includes:
- Initial onboarding and training
- Regular training meetings
- Assistance from Instructional Coaches with implementation of thematic planning and instruction
- Grade-level thematic planning for the entire year
- Full planning days with grade-level team
- In-room coaching
- RBTP in Life Skills classrooms
We care about your safety! At Marklund, we follow Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines and take necessary precautions as recommended by the CDC to keep our facilities safe including:
- Daily temperature checks and screenings for everyone who enters any one of our buildings
- Social distancing and wearing masks
- Providing direct care staff with PPE
- Regular cleaning of frequently used objects
Qualifications for this position:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college and have proper and current Illinois teaching credentials. Must include LBS 1. Must meet state guidelines for school accreditation.
- Experience in educating children with special needs preferred. Ability to understand students unique needs and react effectively to their needs. Experience with severe and profound population a plus.
- Experience with Computer, fax, copier, Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, SMART board, Communication devices.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job and to meet its functional and environmental requirements
From: MarklundBenefits: We want to be a positive influence in your career path
Whether you work at Marklund for 1 year, 5 years or 50 years, we want to be a positive influence in your career path .
When you join the Marklund team, you receive the following:Compensation & Benefits we offer YOU
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance for all FT employees
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Short -Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)*
- School Employees Receive "Closed Days" and Sick/Personal
PTO Cash-In & Conversion Twice Per YearTuition ReimbursementExtended Sick Bank7 Paid Holidays per Year
Full-Time and Part-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Credit Union Membership
- Retirement Savings Plan - eligible upon hire
Ways we appreciate YOU
- Marklund matches up to 5%
Training & Growth Opportunities for YOU
- Annual Employee Recognition Dinner and Celebration
- Years of Service Awards and Gifts beginning at 5 years
- Claire Haverkampf (founder) Annual Commemorative Award
- You Caught My Eye - Monthly Employee Award
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- We promote from within whenever possible
- You are paid while you train:
- In-House Training Programs
- Leadership Training Program
Employee Workshops on a variety of topics
Benefits/Programs subject to change.