Overview:AM LLC has immediate openings for a full time Program Specialist
to support COVID-19 response programming in the K-12 school setting within San Bernardino City Unified School District. This is an on-site position working at multiple locations throughout the school district.
- Possess knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for supporting the full continuum of COVID-19 response services (including disease surveillance, case investigation, contact tracing, laboratory testing, immunizations, and general public health practice).
- Serve as coordinator to Regional Coordinators, working with Clinical Leads to support school-based COVID-19 Liaisons and remote contact tracing team.
- Coordinate and delegate to a team of Regional Coordinators and COVID-19 School Support Liaisons.
- Work from the SBCUSD dispatch center and be the point of contact for the client POC and the management team on COVID-19 cases.
- Communicate with students and parents/caregivers, as appropriate, providing family-centered care.
- Provide feedback to leaders and contribute to reviewing and implementing procedures and workflows on a continual basis to ensure compliance and best practice.
- Participate in end of day meetings with a team of COVID-19 School Support Liaisons.
- Hours to be assigned on a rotational basis to meet the needs of the school district.
- Facilitate Contact Tracing of COVID-19 infections, in coordination with COVID-19 School Support Liaison, Contact Tracing strike team, and district Contact Tracing team.
- Facilitate COVID-19 testing when necessary, and assist Regional Leads as needed with properly disposing of resulting biohazard waste per company guidelines.
- Monitor personal protective equipment (PPE) supply for school-based COVID-19 program staff. Work with the operations team to replenish the supplies.
- Monitor number of testing kits and related supplies for school-based COVID-19 program staff. Work with the operations team to replenish the supplies.
- Perform site visits and respond to sites as needed.
- Participate in all staff meetings and training sessions for COVID-19 program staff.
- Collaborate with AM Employee Health and Safety Representative to ensure compliance with all workplace safety and health authorities (OSHA, state, and local regulations).
- Coordinate with school staff, district staff, local public health department, healthcare providers, and other stakeholders to ensure continuity of care and high quality of services.
- Assist Regional Leads with coordination of documentation on appropriate platforms and daily summary numbers for areas of responsibility.
- Assist Regional Leads in working with the scheduler and operations team to ensure adequate COVID Liaison school site coverage.
- Assist Regional Leads in ensuring effective communication between onsite and remote staff members for coordination of school-based COVID-19 operations.
- Other duties as assigned for business continuity.
Qualifications:Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Experience working on a K-12 COVID liaison program strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CDPH and San Bernardino County Public Health guidance strongly preferred.
- Associates Degree required and Bachelor's degree preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Pediatric or school-based experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to prioritize effectively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with various agencies and stakeholders
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Experience with Google Suite
- Utilize RingCentral to make phone calls
- Utilize all technology and software issued by the company as needed to meet the needs of the District
- These may include but are not limited to: Chromebook, Google Suite, Slack, HelpScout, and Aeries
Experience with project management applicationsFamiliarity with disease surveillance systemsMust have a quiet, dedicated workspaceUser provided home high-speed network connectionPhysical and Environmental Requirements:
- User provided home high-speed network connection
- Requires the use of a computer screen for extensive periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of 5 to 12lbs.
- Extended working hours and travel may be necessary. Can include an up to 70% school site visit.
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) the majority of the time.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we are reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they were submitted on a rolling basis.