As the Senior Associate, Product Development, Footwear, you are a critical cross functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals.
• Review and oversee issuance of all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to release.
• Coordinate with manufacturing partners and cross functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in protos, SMS, and confirmation samples.
• Execute the pass off of clean specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design; communicates daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards; assists in interpreting design needs.
• Monitor, track, and report on all requested prototypes.
• Review all prototypes and market samples to ensure accuracy in execution to spec.
• Initiate the pre-production process by turning SMS specs to Production specs
• Maintain/Update PDM
• Track and review all confirmation samples to ensure exact execution of final design
• Work closely with the design teams on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
• Source options in materials and techniques while building a tight, strategic vendor base.
• Aim to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
• Review all components with an eye for quality and performance.
• Tess questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for performance and compliance to prevent a lapse in production.
• Work across various footwear cross-functional teams to achieve alignment on product and process
• Follow calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
• Monitor calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
• Work closely with Design, Merchandising, and Production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
• Coordinate with country office to track AD sample orders.
• Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
• Minimum 4+ years in footwear product development
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
• Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment
• Ability to travel as needed
• Adaptable - Change before you have to
o Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
• Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
o Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
• Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
o Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
• Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
o Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
• Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
o Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
• Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
o Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .