Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Safety and Health Professional
in Tonopah, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support the Tonopah Test Range (TTR).
Tonopah is the testing range of choice for all national security missions. Tonopah Test Range (TTR) provides research and development test support for the Department of Energy's weapon programs. The range also offers a unique test environment for use by other Government agencies and their contractors.
Located about 160 air miles northwest of Las Vegas, TTR covers 280 square miles within the boundaries of the Nellis Air Force Base Bombing and Gunnery Range. Including Nellis (4,707 square miles) and the Nevada National Security Site (1,350 square miles), the total area comprises approximately 6,582 square miles. The high desert location varies from 5,300 to 5,600 ft. mean sea level elevation and receives about five inches of precipitation per year. Daily high temperatures average 50°F in winter and 86°F in the summer. This dry, moderate climate has over 300 days per year of excellent weather for electronic and optical tracking operations.
Situated between two mountain ranges, the remote location of the range and restricted airspace ensure tests can be conducted with a high degree of safety and security.
Serve as the on-site safety representative for Navarro in safely carrying out the day to day operations in support of the Navarro mission on the Tonopah Test Range (TTR). The position is responsible for the application of effective safety and health operations by providing field support.
Reporting directly to the corporate Safety and Health Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and matrixed to the Navarro TTR Program Manager, the primary duty of this position is to assist with the implementation of the Worker Safety and Health Program throughout the Navarro Tonopah Test Range Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program.
This position will primarily advise Navarro managers and staff in the implementation of Navarro's technical work in a wide range of safety and health disciplines in a fast-paced environment at the Tonopah Test Range.
Provide field support to assist staff in the implementation of Safety and Health program related topics included but are not limited to: Testing Activities, General Maintenance Activities, Construction Safety, Lockout, Confined Space, Emergency Response, Hazard Communication, Overhead Cranes, Electrical Safety, Mobile Equipment, etc.
- Provide technical support and problem solving in troubleshooting safety and health issues
- Provide safety oversight of field work
- Assist in writing technical and management systems reports and technical work documents
- Assist with internal compliance audits and program evaluations
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, develop controls, change control
- Assist in conducting Instructor lead safety-related training classes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to work as an integral team member with Sandia safety professionals
- Ability to perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability perform tasks involving safety and health with knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt procedures and processes as necessary to perform tasks.
- Must be able to complete and maintain all training and qualifications required for the position.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy level Q security clearance.
- Follow strategy and goals for the H&S organization.
- Develops and implements inspection programs (e.g., field surveillances, assessments, etc.) and procedures designed to ensure compliance with worker safety and health regulations primarily under OSHA 1910 and 1926.
- Develops, implements, and monitors corrective measures to minimize or eliminate non-compliance.
- Ability to obtain certification as a Radiological Worker.
- Must have or be able to qualify to wear respiratory protection.
- Ability to work closely with Sandia H&S staff to ensure Navarro program meets the full intent of a Full-Set safety contractor
- Certification as an Associated Safety Professional
- A minimum of 2 years of field experience in facility maintenance and construction-like activities
- Minimum associates degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Hazardous Materials, Radiological, Construction Management, Facility Operations, or related area; preferred BS degree in Safety area
- Must have 5 years of experience in the Safety and Health area preferably at a DOE/Federal facility.
- Desire and demonstrated capability to seek and obtain Certification as Certified Safety Professional.
- Understanding of OSHA, NFPA, DOT, EPA, and/or DOE Orders.
- State Issue Driver's License
- Subject to random drug testing
Salary Commensurate With Experience And Responsibilities.
- Full time position on-site at the Tonopah Test Range
- Fieldwork requires extended work days as along as 12 hours; occasionally requiring periods of overnight stays. Working outdoors under temperature extremes, both hot and cold.
- Field activity; work involves standing, walking, and bending; lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Office related work includes data analysis, technical/scientific reporting etc. relating to construction and facility operations activities.
- Typical work schedule Monday thru Thursday 10-hour days.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As a Federal contractor, Navarro complies with all Federal guidelines. Due to the current mandates on COVID-19 vaccinations, if you are offered employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment unless you are legally entitled to a religious or medical accommodation.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability