Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. Were proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.Responsibilities
The Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the workforce management product suite, including the field labor model, volume and labor forecasting, advanced scheduling, timekeeping, absence management, and analytics. This role has cross-functional responsibilities, partnering closely with field leadership and other stakeholders to interpret, present, and consult on data results to provide recommendations which lead to process standardization and improved workforce management decisions. This individual will utilize intellectual curiosity to identify trends and patterns in data while partnering with cross functional business partners to deliver quantifiable results. The incumbent will also provide additional support to the distribution support team as needed for reporting and analytics.
- Support the deployment and use of WFM tools as directed, maintaining environment integrity, business specific configurations, and user administration.
- Design, create, and maintain reports and dashboards within analytical tools to effectively track key performance indicators and measure historical trends.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to support validation of accuracy for labor standards as well as labor forecasts, utilizing approved Labor Planning tools.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and validity of reporting data.
- Conduct routine audits and analyze exceptions to promote adoption, identify training opportunities, drive accountability, and mitigate risk.
- Develop ad-hoc reporting and summary data for site Operations leadership and field teams.
- Respond to workforce management-related field inquiries, determine root cause to identify potential gaps in processes or documentation, and recommend suitable solutions.
- Own the documentation of business requirements as well as unit and user acceptance testing of product enhancements and upgrades.
- Partner with IT team as the business subject matter expert to provide functional guidance while managing business resource time and effort on shared initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study
- A minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience in analytics
- Experience with WFM workforce management software, is preferred.
- Established knowledge in timekeeping, attendance, labor forecasting, and scheduling principles and processes.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse functional areas, including Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Operations.
- Proven analytical experience, coupled with an ability to comprehend ambiguous data, communicate findings, and propose recommendations.
- Experience in Business Data Analytics suites, such as Microsoft PowerBi preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistical modeling and querying ability across multiple tools (SQL, MicroStrategy, Hana, or other RDBMS platforms)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Aptitude to influence colleagues, peers, and cross-functional teams throughout all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to scrutinize data, identify and interpret trends, and develop and execute appropriate action plans based on discoveries.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate intricate issues and resolutions to all levels of management.
- Aptitude to balance competing priorities and secure resolution through interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ability to perform and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong business acumen; retail store experience a plus.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions.
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending.
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks.
- Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane up approximately 50% of the time.
- May be required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing.
- Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Requires the use of various electronic tools.
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings.
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.