Have you been dreaming about being part of an organization who really cares about people and really focuses on changing healthcare outcomes? Do you like the idea of being an integral part of the successful operations of an organization that is working to increase healthcare education accessibility? We are looking for a Curriculum Development Specialist to help support the development, refinement, and implementation of the College's learning products through instructional design.Position Summary:
The Curriculum Development Specialist supports the Curriculum Function in the creation, refinement, development and implementation of learning products. This includes: assessing, planning, applying, and implementing curriculum in the College's education programs; evaluating course and program outcomes; providing direct development and support services in learning design, strategies, assessment, and technology; distance education teaching modalities assessments and evaluations; assisting with the evaluation and assurance of the programs' effectiveness through learning outcomes; assisting in the development and implementation of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices in distance education.Essential Function and Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Determines the suitable instructional design method, media selection, and facilitation style for the implementation of organizational interventions and solutions.
- Performs cause, knowledge, or gap analyses to help determine appropriate learning delivery options.
- Manages the development of curriculum materials for instructor led delivery platforms and updates of existing course materials to reflect changes in law, regulation, philosophy, or practice.
- Design and execute online course assembly, creation, and packaging in partnership with internal and external Subject Matter Experts.
- Evaluates and offers input and feedback on alternate sources of instructional design and facilitation and assists in ensuring alignment with organizational goals and direction.
- Aligns new and existing course content with optimum instructional methods including instructor led, e-learning, and blended approaches.
- Researches and develops curriculum that is appropriate to the learning needs and advances the effectiveness of the curriculum function by recommending appropriate methods and tools to address learning needs.
- Constructs supportive materials to enhance performance improvement strategies.
- Works with team to create new curricular initiatives.
- Maps course topics, objectives, and assignments into program designs to demonstrate that standards are met, and assessment is achievable.
- Ensures the Curriculum Design and Development projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Assists the Manager, Curriculum, and faculty in the creation, refinement and evaluation of course and program formative and summative assessments.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This position is required to attend new employee orientation in person in Salt Lake City, Utah for one week upon hire date. All travel and lodging accommodations will be paid for by the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years, preferred 5 years, participating in the design of learning technology, software, or learning environments.
- Master's degree or higher in Instructional Design, Assessment, Learning Design, Curriculum Design, Learning Science, Educational Technology, or related field required.
- Significant experience in assessment development and evaluation, required.
- Experience in Nursing/Allied Health/Health Sciences Education required.
- Previous instructional design and user-centered design testing experience preferred.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of learning design principles.
- Demonstrated experience in highly collaborative environments.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to learning design systems with numerous stakeholders and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience applying design thinking to learning experience designs.
- Thorough understanding of Concept Based, Competency Based, Project Based, and other learning design models.
- Experience in micro-credentialing preferred.
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and independent.
Nightingale's commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected both in our learners and collaborators because we believe the best outcomes for learners from underserved and diverse populations are achieved through collaborators with similar backgrounds and cultures. Nightingale College is an equal opportunity employer.Our Mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
At Nightingale College, our Innovative Education model helps transform rural health landscapes through our blended-distance learning platform. Every person involved with Nightingale College helps to change lives of our learners, our communities and ultimately the world by adding to the quality of healthcare. We are proud to have graduated over 1,000 nurses serving communities in need. We are serious about our outcomes and have a little bit of fun getting there.
The professional and personal development of our learners and our collaborators is our company's foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education. We're so happy that you've found us!