Hourly Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
: $21.25 - $21.55/ hrSign On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- The principal job duties of a technician are all related to food safety and quality
- Champion of personal safety and food safety
- Complete pre-operation and work alongside USDA
- Monitoring of products with fat analysis, shear testing, temperature and moisture checks
- Cook attributes
- Perform sensory evaluations of product
- Test and hold procedures
- Hold and release procedures
- Entering data into a computer
- Preventative maintenance on FSQR equipment
- May teach, train, or coach others on work activities, methods and procedures.
- Ensure all stakeholders follow GMPs, good housekeeping and maintain plant policies
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- 12 months experience in manufacturing or other high paced environments.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office package
- Work in a cold environment
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs and stand/walk for long period of time.
- 2 years experience in manufacturing or other high paced environments.
- Previous food safety or quality experience
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Regardless of vaccination status you will be required to wear masks and follow Cargill's safety protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet