HEOR Manager - Medicare Database AnalystJob Description
Effective Wednesday, January 4th , 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs. In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today, Philips' purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you'll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
The Senior Manager Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) will serve as the principal technical and strategic lead for one or more assets across Patient Monitoring and Monitoring and Analytics business groups within Connected Care Business Cluster. He/She will be responsible for the development and execution of high quality HEOR evidence and value communication strategies to support optimal funding, payment and access aligned with the overarching objectives of the Philips Quadruple aim. You are responsible for
You are part of
- Partner with Global Clinical, Medical, Marketing, R&D, and Market Access departments to develop and execute strategic HEOR activities to support the successful launch of the Philips devices and solutions within Patient Monitoring.
- Lead development of global HEOR data generation strategies to ensure launch readiness.
- Assess, synthesize, interpret, and communicate relevant scientific information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the collaboration and communication with external experts (Key Opinion Leaders - KOLs) on evidence generation and scientific data exchange.
- Provide strategic input on the selection of patient populations, comparators, HEOR and patient-reported outcomes within clinical trials to enable negotiations, reimbursement, and patient access with global payers and regulatory decision makers.
- Generate HEOR deliverables needed for clinical development, regulatory interactions, and internal governance milestones.
- Develop and lead HEOR projects in alignment with Clinical Development Evidence generation strategy to enhance the value messages aligned with the Quadruple Aim:
- Generate new evidence to measure burden of illness (disease incidence, treatment patterns, costing, etc.) using real world data and other data sources.
- Incorporate humanistic and economic endpoints into all phases of product development to generate evidence requested by health technology assessment bodies and payers.
- Develop and utilize different health economics models (i.e. budget impact models, cost-effectiveness models) to assess and communicate the public health impact and economic value of Philips solutions and devices.
- Execute and manage research projects with external collaborators and vendors to ensure timely completion and quality of deliverables as well as budget and legal compliance.
- Generate peer-reviewed publications to communicate study findings in scientific channels in alignment with the product publication strategy and the overall Clinical Evidence Generation Strategy.
- Provide expertise and insights to support internal efforts on evaluation of new business opportunities.
- Influence HEOR policies and methodological advances inside and outside the company by leading key cross-divisional task forces to help improve processes and standards in HEOR research programs.
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today's challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost. To succeed in this role, you'll need a customer-first attitude and the following
In return, we offer you
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within HEOR field preferably in consultancy or industry (medical devices or pharmaceuticals).
- Hands on experience with statistics in R, Stata or SAS
- In-depth knowledge of evidence generation methods, strategies and tools including, but not limited to:
- Health economics
- Cost-effectiveness / budget impact models
- Patient reported outcomes measures
- Real world evidence studies
- Network meta-analysis
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; proven abilities to manage multiple, often complex, and sometimes competing, objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient conclusion.
- Outstanding business acumen; knows the industry, can quickly learn the Philips business model and value proposition, key competitors, and other marketplace factors/dynamics.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence. Strong conflict resolution skills: proven ability to achieve conflict resolution effectively and quickly with affected parties and work in a cross functional environment.
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for internal and external business meetings (up to 20% of time).
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart - which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home - for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone's in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn't office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran