- Performs Dosing Of Test Agents In Small Animals Through A Variety Of Dosing Methods. Performs Scoring Of Test Agents, Assessing The Subject's Reaction To The Agent.
- Performs And Documents A Variety Of Activities, Including But Not Limited To, Routine Clinical Observations, Charting Of Physiological Data And Animal Health Status, Taking Study-Required Animal Weights, Etc.
- Assists With Preparing Animals For Surgery And With Administering And Monitoring Anesthesia During Procedure And Post-Operatively. Performs Incision Monitoring, Pain Assessment And Medication Administration As Needed Post-Procedurally.
- Performs Intravenous And Cardiac Blood Collection.
Performs Small Animal Receipt Administering Subcutaneous RFID Implants, Weighing And Sexing Animals, Moving Them Into Their Housing Containers, And Performing Necessary Documentation.
- Performs All Aspects Of Veterinary-Directed Care, Preventative Health Maintenance, And General Husbandry Procedures And Administers Medications.
- Performs Post-Procedure Small Animal Euthanasia.
- Communicates With Veterinarian And Study Director Regarding Living Conditions And Medical Status Of Animals.
animal handling, CVT, subcutaneous, animal research, Animal science, Zoology, veterinary, anesthesia, blood draw
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate's Or Bachelor's Degree In A Related Field Or The LAT Certification Is Required.
- Experience Handling And Working With Small Laboratory Animals In A Research Environment Is Preferred, Especially With Regard To Performing Meticulous Blood Draws And Injections.
- Knowledge Of Research Animal Physiology and General Animal Care Required.
- An Equivalent Combination Of Education And Experience Will Be Considered.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.