Calling all who love singing, dancing, storytelling and nurturing young, energetic children! Primrose School of Waco at Woodway seeks enthusiastic teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Call today to learn more about how you can join the leader in early education and care - earning a great salary and limitless hugs in a happy environment. EOE. Primary Responsibilities:
Desired skills and experience:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations a Primrose and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Waco at Woodway Employee Handbook
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 years experience or degree in early childhood or related field preferred
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.