We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.DescriptionAt BASF
, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Production Group Leader: Chattanooga, TN Site Where Chemistry Happens
Responsible for the successful leadership and direction of the daily operations of the Amnicola or Polymer Drive facilities. Emphasis is placed on ensuring that all personnel working within their assigned area comply with safety, health, environmental, and production standards while operating within budget guidelines to achieve the overall objectives of the Chattanooga Site.
Maintain plant personnel in their use of process control systems for safe and efficient plant operation. Improve existing plant processes for optimal productivity and efficiency. Assist with plant personnel in plant trials for new or improved products.
Support safety, environmental, quality, legal, diversity, and Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action standards of the Corporation, Division, and location.Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent Formula for Success
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
- BS Degree is required, or equivalent years of experience equaling advanced degree knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in complete plant operations.
- In-depth knowledge of synthetic latex production.
- Ability to direct and motivate people.
- Good communications and personal skills.
- Technical knowledge of chemical processes.
- Knowledge of safety practices and techniques relating to the chemical industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Outlook Word Excel etc. and SAP
- Working knowledge of plant chemical equipment and processes, testing, and computer skills obtained through training and OTJ experience.
- Knowledge of plant area procedures, plant processes for workflow, and computer control/monitoring/adjustments are required.
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment breakdown including disassembling of piping and pressure vessels associated in a chemical plant environment.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.