Reports to the Recreation Manager.
- Provides a safe, supportive and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps trainees in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and intentional and consistent Core-Value driven practices.
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a mentor.
- Ensures students meet required schedule, waking on time and arriving on time for school or work assignment;
- Ensures students are adequately prepared for the training day, e.g. dressed appropriately;
- Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, and other activities;
- Ensures dorms are clean and inspection ready at all times;
- Provides informal counseling related to stress management, personal problem, etc., and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes;
- Documents student records according to PRH, inputting all relevant student data; Prepares applicable reports to ensure accurate documentation of student progress;
- Assists in transporting students to and from Recreation Activities and Trips
- Associate's Degree in work-related field
- One year of experience working with youth.
- Prefer experience in a recreation/non-vocational program
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain a CDL Test within the first year of work