Parexel's Pricing & Market Access team continues to deliver to our clients, and the US team is E-X-P-A-N-D-I-N-G!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Consultant, Pricing and Market Access to join our growing team in the US! The overall aim of the group is to develop a skilled team of individuals able to combine strategic thinking with clear, accurate, and concise communication. The group is focused on developing payer and market access-focused communications as well as providing insights and strategic support to help inform the Market Access & pricing strategy of a product.
For this particular role, we are looking for experience in developing a wide range of materials that support Pricing & Market Access (e.g. Global Value Dossiers, Health Technology Appraisals/early scientific advice, payer-focused Value Stories, Competitor Landscape Assessments, primary research/advisory board, as well as other Market Access and Pricing Strategy materials) as well as the ability to guide and mentor a team to develop such materials. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to draw on his/her prior experiences to advise clients on their needs as well act as the main Parexel client contact during the project.
Specific objectives of the role will include:
• Utilization of experience and insight in the development of convincing project scopes, plans, and project deliverables, gaining the agreement of both internal and external teams
• Development of in-depth knowledge of various disease areas and demonstration of the ability to apply this knowledge to strategically position a product
• Assisting clients with the development of product value messaging and communication strategy, providing consultancy and advice to enable understanding of the disease/clinical landscape/market
• Managing client relationships effectively, controlling scope and expectations within won projects and identifying opportunities for future projects
• Effectively managing more junior individuals within a project team to ensure the timely delivery of high quality work
• Motivating, supporting, and managing project teams while openly communicating to senior levels to create a positive working environment for all staff at all levels
• Leading by example on aspects of client presentation and project delivery, ensuring all quality assurance procedures have been followed and every project deliverable is timely and of the highest quality
• Working efficiently and with skill in time management/task prioritization to enable profitable completion of projects
• Responsible for the financial governance of a project, including regular monitoring and tracking of project finances (revenue recognition and forecasting) to ensure projects are completed profitably and according to budget
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline, higher degree is desirable
• Fluent verbal and written English, with a high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
• 5+ years Pricing & Market Access experience, preferably in a consulting environment
• 3+ years project management experience in pricing & market access and/or HTA and Literature review projects with the ability to control projects from proposal through to delivery with successful client outcomes
• Experience in managing large written communication-based projects such as GVD's including a high degree of understanding of the factors that impact on successful completion of such large written market access communication projects
• Experience designing and implementing value-based contracts, payer decision making tools, contract results monitoring
• In-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical market
• A strong track-record of timely and high-quality project delivery, with demonstrable experience in producing client-ready deliverables that clearly show an understanding of client requirements
• Good time management skills, including the ability to manage own time and others time to work to deadlines and the ability to manage multiple work-streams and lines of communication simultaneously
• Self-motivation, ambition, and flexibility with an ability to cope under pressure/with competing demands
• Proven client-facing skills and exceptional communication skills (including presentation skills)
• Computing skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
Desirable skills and experiences:
• Deep working knowledge of US health care system, reimbursement environment and evidence requirements
• Experience developing market insights and recommendations by leveraging in-depth knowledge of US market access landscape, healthcare reform, claims data and managed care data
• Experience identifying opportunities and executing strategies for obtaining separate, Medicare/Medicaid and private reimbursement in various settings of care
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.