Williams Lea is the global provider of skilled business-critical support services to financial, legal and professional services firms. We connect people, processes and technology to manage documents and streamline key operational functions.
From our humble beginnings as a financial printer in London, to our position today as a global outsourcing leader, our business is built a strong heritage, great relationships and a talented team. Our 6,000 worldwide employees work onsite at clients and onshore/offshore at Williams Lea operations providing unrivalled support and helping clients transform their support operations. With revenues of over $400 million, Williams Lea is backed by Advent International, one of the largest global private equity investors.
Williams Lea is hiring for Presentation Coordinators to work at our Palo Alto or San Francisco office, Monday to Friday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm!
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
Do you enjoy delivering exceptional customer service and have a technical eye to detect and ensure proper corrections (creation, formatting, edits, proofing, etc.) of documents? This position could be for you! In this role, your primary function will be providing timely and accurate presentations support to clients of an intermediate to advanced level.
- Intakes work requests from the client; including clarification of job instructions and negotiation of deadlines with the requester.Seeks alternate solutions to deadline requests, as needed
- Prioritizes work requests across team and coordinates/balances multiple projects based on experience and following established guidelines, especially when working with escalated deadlines or issues
- Applies own creativity, grammatical and/or composition skills to design and layout elements in presentations or materials to effectively support the clients intended message.
- Acts as a leading definitive resource for all questions relating to presentations, proofreading and quality assurance by the team
- Detects formatting and compositional errors; verifies citations are properly formatted; checks corrected proofs against mark-up for quality assurance
- Performs presentation design work of all levels with a focus on the identification and correction of errors in complex documents to ensure the quality of the returned product to requesters.
- Adheres to and monitors team members' adherence to formatting standards, utilizing generally accepted formatting corrections and requisite resources, with an understanding of the client's business environment.
- Demonstrates proper professional expectations for team members when dealing with client requesters and client work requests, including meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality work
- Responsible for development and delivery of on-going training of new and existing team members in existing processes, as well as new trends or processes for presentations
- Facilitates focus and coordination on and between shifts in the production of deliverables to the client to meet or exceed the client's expectations for quality, timeliness, and service
- Trains junior staff members, as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with years of experience able to substitute
- Minimum of 3 years prior office experience, proofreading, presentations or design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio as examples); able to technically troubleshoot applicable software specific to the business/client; Advanced in various Adobe PDF and Creative Suite applications(Illustrator, Photoshop as examples)
- Advanced knowledge of presentations and/or proofreading procedures and/or generally accepted practices
- Extensive experience in business terminology, presentations and/or proofing formats; skill and efficiency in the use of requisite resources
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality; able to coordinate across the team and work on multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate questions and/or suggestions to the client and other team members in a professional and customer service-oriented manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Good judgment and organizational skills with sound decision-making ability and solutions-oriented approach with the ability to ask for and follow directions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team; self-motivated to ensure own production
- Communicate with team members, Lead, Supervisor, Manager and/or Client on job or deadline issues
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
Your safety and well-being:
As we all continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, your health and well-being remain our top priority. In preparation for returning to our workplaces, the following guidance has been developed with reference to government, designated authority, as well as feedback received from employees. This guidance is further supported by our Wellness site content and external resources to help you manage through these unprecedented times.
To supplement social distancing and where stipulated, everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times upon entering and when working within the building.
Workstations and office areas are continually evaluated to ensure the 2m/6ft social distancing rule can be applied and adhered to by all employees.
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.