The role of this position is responsible for paint and coatings development and scale up.
Reporting a Scientist, this position is a part of a cross-functional team in the Product Technology Group at Benjamin Moore, engaging in paint and coatings formulation development, testing and scale up for commercialization.Key Responsibilities:
- Design and execute experiments for paint and coatings formulating and testing to meet targeted objectives
- Document and summarize experimental results
- Analyze data, report results, and recommend next steps
- Use analytical tools to solve problem and find solution
- Participate in plant scale ups
- Work in a cross-functional team to develop new coatings technologies and evaluate new polymers
- Collaborate with Procurement for evaluating new and alternate materials
- Manage raw materials for the lab
- Maintain lab equipment and working space
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in chemistry or related field
- Two or more years of working experience in a chemistry lab.
- Knowledge of paint and coatings raw materials is a plus
- Good skills to summarize technical data and communicate results
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, and ability to take initiative and drive toward results
- Good communication (written and verbal), presentation and organizational skills
- Physical effort and dexterity: This role can entail some amount of lifting (40-50#)
- Environment and scheduling: This role can involve scale-ups at manufacturing facilities that may be hot or cold depending on the time of year. In these instances more noise may be encountered (noise protection is supplied). Chemicals are used in the polymer making process (proper PPE is outlined and supplied). Travel is involved as needed to attend scale-ups
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees-including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.