Division VRL Eurofins - Donor Testing LocationVRL Eurofins-Boston, Dallas, Denver, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Winston Salem (Does not Apply to the following locations: Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Ramon)Job TitleTechnologist IIReports ToDepartment Manager/Supervisor JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary.
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions. Notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria. Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Determining performance specification for new methods
- Performs instrument maintenance, QC reagents and kits
- Performs routine testing including assay validations
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
- Contribute to process improvements
- Monitoring quality assurance & continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures including staying up to date with changes to SOPs
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
- Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format including revising Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developing performance specification for new methods
- Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in all aspects of medical laboratory testing.
- Training of new employees
- Comfortable in interacting with inspectors (regulatory bodies; clients)
- Supports VRL Eurofins business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Meets basic expectations of VRL's quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- If required by the State in which the laboratory is located, the appropriate State License to perform clinical laboratory testing
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- In California, must be licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- In Georgia, must successfully complete a certification examination from ASCP, AMT, or NCA, or AAB
POTENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- 2 - 4 Years related experience
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Capable of data analytics
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Internal & External Customer Centric Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- This laboratory carefully maintains all hazardous materials. All employees must abide by VRL Eurofins' Safety and Exposure procedures. This includes using the provided safety clothing and equipment.
- For a list of potential chemical hazards, see appropriate SDS sheet.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.As an employee of VRL-Eurofins, I understand that it is my duty and responsibility to uphold the company's Corporate Value Statements and Code of Conduct at all times. If I have any questions regarding my job description or any duties or requirements contained within, I understand it is my responsibility to share these concerns with my manager and/or Human Resources. Employee Signature: ID #Date:Employee Print: Department Manager/Supervisor Signature: ID #Date: VRL Eurofins. May not be reproduced without permission. All hard copies should be checked against the current, approved Operating Procedures in the VRL Eurofins document control system