Job DescriptionEarly Education Teacher - Infants and Toddlers
The Early Education teacher has been called by the Lord to work with young children and lead by example. The teacher strives daily to bring the love of Christ through nurturing children and building strong relationships with families. They understand children are impressionable and desire to come alongside them and provide opportunities to become all God created them to be, consistently giving them the spiritual, educational, social and emotional tools needed to grow in the knowledge of Christ. The teacher strives to make a significant contribution to the children we serve, create and facilitate an environment that builds security, trust, confidence, independence, encouragement and enthusiasm. Incumbent works directly under the direct supervision of the Rock Academy Director of Early Education.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Effectively writes and teaches a weekly Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served.
- Supervises and works with toddler age group, from 12 months to 24 months.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Ensures work area has the proper supplies and restocks as needed.
- Maintains licensing mandated child to teacher ratios at all times.
Education Training And Experience
- Must have 3 units in each of the following Child Development courses: Family Child and Community, Principals of Child Development, Infant/Toddler, Curriculum courses.
Job Skills Knowledge Abilities
- Understands requirements of Title 22 Chapter 12 of Community Care Licensing.
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Experience in conflict resolution with the ability to identify and resolve problems promptly.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills.
Organizational And Spiritual Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:1
- Successful completion of both a LiveScan and reference check.
- Regular attendee of a Bible believing Christian church, to be reviewed by Administration.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Academy Staff Handbook.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance. Staff should set a good, modest example to students by dressing in Preschool uniform.
- Notifies Rock Academy Preschool Director and/ or Preschool Assistant Director if an absence or tardy arrival is anticipated. A message may be left, but continue to call back until an administrator is reached in person.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 60lbs (with or without assistance).
- This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a "reasonable accommodation", if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.