Job DescriptionThe Fitness Trainer
will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Medical Insurance & 401k Plan
- Competitive Hourly Wage ($13.50 per hour)
- Free PF Black Card Membership
- Upbeat, Team-Oriented Environment
- Consistent Work Schedule
- Training with Growth Opportunities
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the members expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.