When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific InformationEugene, OR
The Technical Application Specialist II is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company's total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization. You'll specialize in Flow Cytometry
and related techniques supporting customers with our products (lab consumables and instruments) related to these techniques.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Luminex and related product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and assist Sales partners by identifying, recording, and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ's and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise.
- Some travel may be required for the position
Minimum Qualifications: B.S., B.A. or M.S. in life sciences or chemistry or a similar field.
Preferred Qualifications: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in protein and cell biology techniques or demonstrated equivalency of knowledge.
- Preferred "hands-on" experience in Flow Cytometry or ELISA or Luminex and/or related techniques.
- Prior experience in customer service or support is desirable but not essential; empathy and a desire to help people and solve problems are critical traits. Customer satisfaction is a must!
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Goal-oriented mindset with good troubleshooting skills.
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in European languages (German, French, Spanish and/or Italian) a plus.