The Transportation DOT & Safety Manager role is responsible for managing the health and safety process for risk reduction, injury prevention, and safety and environmental regulatory compliance as well as DOT regulations at all our locations in the US.
This role will be responsible for partnering with Operations Leadership to assess the effectiveness of safety, environmental, and security policy/protocol efforts and assists with implementing strategies for continuous improvement.
Support recruitment efforts and maintaining compliance within the recruiting guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position serves as the subject matter expert in DOT and EHS and is responsible for implementing and executing environmental and safety programs that effectively lead the safety culture at Transportation. This position is responsible for providing sound leadership and management to Transportations safety, security, environmental and DOT programs to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and/or local DOT and Environmental, Health and Safety legislation. Implement company protocolsof all safety procedures as required by DOT and OSHA at all sites, review and score local sites safety management performance.
1. Monitor compliance with the Hours of Service (HOS) regulations through audits.
2. Monitor Driver/Vehicle Examination Reports (Inspection Reports).
3. Monitor employees compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures.
4. Conduct roadside inspections of company equipment passing through DOT weigh stations & checkpoints.
5. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations. Handle DOT complaints under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
6. Provide assistance with post-accident and post-injury investigations to ensure proper completion of required documentation and reporting to the proper agencies.
7. Review all investigation reports on accidents and injuries.
8. Monitor SAFETY/RISK ONLINE (SRO) reporting for accidents and injuries. Review employees accident/injury histories and target issues identified as causal factors.
9. Create and implement an annual Safety Action to improve safety.
10. Assist with all aspects of training and provide ongoing training as new initiatives are implemented.
11. Assist in insurance coverage analysis, claims and renewals.
12. Advise Senior Leadership on advancing protocols and procedures.