Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Practice Area Profile
BCG's Financial Institutions Practice Area (FIPA) aims to be the consultant of choice for leaders in the financial industry. We seek to achieve that goal by helping clients find their way amid the ever-evolving, ever-shifting competitive landscape. By focusing on the fundamental economics of their businesses and the underlying needs of their customers, we help banks, brokerages, asset managers and other financial- services organizations rethink their strategic assumptions, identify winning business propositions, and seize new opportunities in the expanding digital environment.
What You'll Do
*WHAT WE NEED*
BCG is looking for Expert Consultants in Risk to join our Risk Management and Compliance Team and work alongside some of the world's top minds in the industry. You will play a critical role in the growth of our risk management topic through case execution, client development, and intellectual property and product creation. You will also significantly contribute to the development of our risks topics and support our ambitious growth targets.
*WHAT YOU'LL DO*
The US has been in its longest economic expansion in history. Regulatory challenges remain, and banks, insurance companies and industrial companies continue to develop their monitoring, control and risk and compliance management systems. However, many have resilience and down-turn preparedness top of mind. In this context, your expertise will support our growth and strengthen our teams dedicated to risk management with our banking, insurance and industrial customers in North America. You will work hand in hand with the decision makers of our client companies, having a real seat at the table and building long term relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Execute risk and compliance management projects in banking, insurance and diverse industries
* Assess current risk and compliance challenges and regulations (3LoD, credit risk processes, capital management, fraud, balance sheet management, Treasury and liquidity management)
* Define and implement comprehensive risk and compliance government frameworks
* Analyze and monitor regulatory requirements for their strategic impact and their operational implementation
* Help our clients advance their digital agenda for risk management
* Work jointly with BCG and client project teams, bringing expertise to the team and to the client on-site
* Actively support our business development efforts
Expert consultants are vital to BCG's ability to successfully meet our clients' demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Our experts are driven by a passion to explore and innovate in their field. As part of our consulting cohort, they work alongside our generalist and specialty consultants to form "one BCG team," capable of delivering deep strategy and technical expertise. Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise usually gained outside of BCG in either industry, government, academia, or specialized consulting.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
* 2+ years of top tier industry and/or consulting experience focused on risk management
* Knowledge of key issues and regulations in at least one of: credit risk, collections, operational risk, compliance, stress testing, and/or balance sheet management
* Strong academics from a top-tier institution
* Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms
*YOU'LL BE BASED IN*
New York, Boston or Washington, DC preferred
*YOU'LL BE TRAVELING*
Travel is expected and will vary based on project needs
*Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated or subject to a religious or medical exemptions. BCG will consider staff fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine.*