Job Description82nd Street Academics is looking for a high-energy Preschool Teacher to serve as a Lead Teacher in our 3K For All Preschool Programs.
The hours are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Weekly payroll offered. To qualify for this Lead Teacher
position, you must:
- Have either an Early Childhood (Birth to Grade 2) or Elementary (Pre-k to 6th Grade)
- Be fluent in English and one other language (Spanish, Mandarin, or Bengali)
- Candidates with prior experience in a Pre-K classroom and the second language of Spanish, Bengali, or Mandarin Chinese receive priority in the application process.
- We are happy to consider teachers that are in the process of obtaining their certification. Study plan teachers have prior classroom experience and at least 90 credits in Early Childhood Education. Study plan teachers can be enrolled in a Master's program if they have already obtained a BA but in an unrelated field. We encourage you to apply!
The Lead Teacher
will be responsible for:
A little about why you should consider 82nd Street Academics:
- Supervising children and planning lessons/activities for a group of 15 three-year-old students.
- Delegating tasks to one Assistant. Additional Support from one floater.
- Our classrooms follow the NYCDOE Instructional units of study and are supportive of students' emotional growth.
-Our educational staff are energetic and amazing! Have you ever thought of creating an indoor jungle? What about a farm? Our staff take our learning themes and really do it all.
-Our families are invested in their child's learning. If you're looking to work for a place where families really care, you've found it!
-We are a great place to grow! If you bring special gifts to this position, we are a great place to develop and use them. Everyone has an impact on our student's journey to college.
The position offers a positive, team-oriented work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you qualify for this position, we hope to hear from you!
Interested and qualified candidates, submit your resume and cover letter by email only. In your cover letter, explain any gaps in your job history and tell us about any special qualifications you have for this position. Spanish, Mandarin, French, or Bengali language bilingual ability preferred
-All employees are eligible for the COVID vaccine now. We require staff to receive it.
The salary range of $50-$62K described is dependent on the level of certification. Weekly Payroll. Please include clearly your level of certification in your response. We look forward to meeting you!