SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential. Job Description
Our Wilmington, NC laboratory is looking for an entry-level Lab Analyst I to join their team! The Lab Analyst I prepares and analyzes samples with accuracy and precision in accordance to SGS' analytical SOPs. The Lab Analyst I works independently and as part of a team to meet daily production targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are met. The Lab Analyst I understands and applies basic analytical chemistry
principles. This position always follows safe laboratory practices and maintains a safe working environment.
The Lab Analyst I:
- After appropriate training independently prepares and analyzes samples according to SGS' analytical SOPs using instrumentation specific to the department and analytical methodologies
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration of laboratory instruments/equipment
- May assist with validation and MDL studies.
- Assists with investigation, and preparation of responses to client inquiries and CARs.
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook where applicable.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in a Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- 0-2 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories OR 3 years of relevant experience (i.e. Sample Prep)
- Bachelor's Degree in a Chemistry or similar scientific discipline, strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of years' relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories, strongly preferred
- Basic mathematical and reasoning skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift/carry/push and/or pull upwards of 25 lbs on a frequent basis
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.