Would you like to join an award winning organization that is dedicated to saving lives?
In 2019, Xellia Pharmaceuticals was recognized by the Business Culture Awards as an organization that has impacted its culture through transformative initiatives. Focused on building a sustainable environment through company values and a leadership promise to its employees. Our people make us what we are. We aim to attract the most talented, passionate employees in our industry and to earn their loyalty and commitment. We support our employees through comprehensive people resources processes ensuring that every employee is treated fairly and has a voice which is listened to and valued.
Is that you? If so, we want to learn more about you!
Our Bedford, OH facility is seeking an EHS Specialist. The EHS Specialist will coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of the site EHS programs. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the facility has implemented the required elements of our EHS programs and all applicable State and Federal regulations, corporate requirements, and other legal requirements in order to help protect the health and safety of employees, to protect the environment, and to minimize risks to the company. Key Responsibilities
- Conducts EHS inspections, Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, and program audits of Aseptic Processing Areas, Laboratories, and Mechanical spaces
- Responsibilities include following up on corrective actions arising from these assessment/reviews
- Conducts accident investigations and keeps documentation and follow up on action plans to prevent recurrence
- Coordinates environmental programs including the Indirect Discharge Permit, SPCC, storm water permitting, air permitting, waste minimization and management programs and refrigerant management
- Cordinates the waste management and minimization programs including the processing of Hazardous, Non-Hazardous and Bio-Hazardous waste for disposal including rejected drug vials, tailings, used chemical containers, and other pharmaceutical and facility wastes
- Insures the proper transportation, labeling, documentation, inventory, and manifesting of all wastes shipped offsite
- Performs Industrial Hygiene assessments of the work environment reviewing exposure to physical and chemical hazards
- Prepares reports and recommendations to management for improvement or risk minimization
- Develops and conducts EHS Training Programs and New Employee Safety Orientation Modules
- Coordinates the management of the following programs: The Hazard Identification and Accident/Incident Prevention Plan, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, and Occupational Health, Confined Space Entry, Digging and Excavation, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Electrical Safety, Hot Work, and CPR and First Aid
- Coordinates the Respiratory Protection program including fit testing, the hearing conservation program, and Personal Protective Equipment programs and the SDS database and chemical inventory
- Works regularly with information which is considered restricted and would have impact if disclosed. This includes audit findings, accident and health related data (HIPPA), and Industrial Hygiene monitoring results
Physical Requirements of the Role
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Sciences, Engineering or related field
- Strong math, chemistry and biology comprehension and must possess strong written and oral communication skills and organizational abilities
Works regularly under desirable conditions of the office setting but has occasional exposure to moderately disagreeable features of noise, heat or production conditions. Occasionally requiring lifting and carrying less than 10 lbs, standing, walking, bending over, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally.
Xellia Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing, manufacturing and commercializing anti-infective treatments against serious and often life-threatening bacterial and fungal infections. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Xellia has a global footprint with R&D, manufacturing and commercial operations across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America. Xellia is wholly owned by Novo Holdings A/S and employs a dedicated team of over 1,800 people.
With over 115 years of experience, Xellia is a world-leading trusted supplier of several important established anti-infective drugs, comprising active pharmaceutical ingredients as well as injectable products. Continuing the Company's evolution, Xellia is generating an innovative pipeline of value-added anti-infective medicines intended to enhance patient care, providing convenience and ease of use for healthcare professionals.
Together you can help us lead the fight against infections.
Further information about Xellia can be found at: www.xellia.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn