is an industry leading commercial construction general contractor with a 119 year history spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings. For the past 40 years, Turner's Seattle office
has helped shape our local skyline with projects such as Century Link Field, the Seattle Aquarium, and Two Union Square. Seattle's current working portfolio includes everything from shell and core towers to elaborate biotech renovations to elementary schools. This is an exciting opportunity for a Scheduling Engineer in Turner's busy Seattle office.
A successful candidate is an excellent communicator and a team player. They prepare and maintain schedules, develop and review project baselines, monitor and track progress.
This position supports the project(s) in all other aspects of scheduling analysis and special studies. This role also assists Business Development (BD) and Marketing (MK) activities as they relate to proposed project scheduling.
Reports to: Project Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Executive or Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Prepare summary and detail level schedules.
- Develop full Critical Path Method (CPM) logic-generated baseline schedules for projects.
- Perform monthly progress updates and create target comparison and periodic look-ahead schedules. Monitor and track progress at detailed and summary level.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and periodically update cost and/or resource loaded schedules.
- Participate in all project schedule reviews as required at Operations Review Meetings (ORMs) or other sessions.
- Participate in BD and business unit marketing activities in the development and preparation of proposal presentations, including developing preliminary bar chart schedules and staffing charts.
- Provide support and training in the use of project and scheduling software to office and jobsite staff.
- Conduct schedule and Work-In-Place (WIP) reviews.
- Work together with Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Engineer to coordinate both schedules and models.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of three years' construction experience or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience with scheduling software applications on projects; large project experience is desirable. Additional experience in project engineering and field supervision is also desirable. Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Proven written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction and the operation of onsite vehicles. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the main office, project office or trailer setting. At times the employee will need to attend meetings at the job site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments are usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal ContractorTurner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor