Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow.
At Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
The Health Information Coding Educator
is responsible for educating physicians and mid-level providers on assigning appropriate Evaluation and Management codes for their services. Also serve as an educational liaison for professional Coding staff.
$58,094.00/yr minimum - $87,131.00/yr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
- Serves as an educator for SIMS physicians on appropriate coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Monitors continuing education needs for department/coders, assists in selecting appropriate educational material, and provides education as needed.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology or Bachelor degree in Health Information Management or Healthcare Management preferred
RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC certification requiredPhysician practice management or provider education experience requiredExtensive knowledge and application of CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers requiredKnowledge of health information management practices and federal and state healthcare regulations required